The swimming community needs to be as strong now as it ever has been. USMS is providing information and resources to help our community stay informed, stay healthy, and stay positive. Let us know what other resources you'd like by sending us an email at email@example.com.
- Coronavirus and Swimming: What You Need to Know
- When Can I Swim Again During Coronavirus?
- Want to Swim? Try These Backyard Above-Ground Swimming Pool Ideas
- Try These Types of Workouts to Help You Get Ready to Return to the Swimming Pool
- How Top Masters Swimmers Are Spending Their Time Out of the Water
- USMS Members Help Document COVID-19 Pandemic Through Photography
- USMS Members Sewing Masks to Help Heath Care Workers
- Milford Athletic Club Creates Fun Competition to Maintain Community
- How to Get Through the Loss of Swimming
- How to Stay Connected With Your Masters Swimming Community
- What You Should Be Focused on During Your Forced Break From Swimming
- How to Stay Motivated When You Can't Swim
- How to Spend Your Time Away From the Water
- What to Know About Early-Season Open Water Swimming
- What to Look Out for When Selecting a New Open Water Site
- What to Know About Relocating Your Pool Workouts to the Open Water
- Eight Nutrients to Support Your Immune System
- A Perspective Shift for Healthy Eating
- What to Eat When You're Not Training
- Core Training Workout You Can Do From Home
- Resistance Band Workout You Can Do From Home
- Three Yoga Breathing Practices to Melt Away Tension
- Running, Power Walking, and Cycling Workout
- How to Train in Your Backyard Pool
- A Yoga Practice to Make You Sweat
- Yoga Poses to Improve Your Flexibility
- Yoga Poses to Help Your Swimming Range of Motion
- Four Essential Stretches for Swimmers
- Follow This Yoga Nidra Script to Help You Relax
These dryland workouts are updated twice a week. You can also go through our collection of dryland articles for more workouts.
There are many organizations and members who wish to contribute and give you even more workout options during this time. Note: Each swimmers' workouts are on different personal social media platforms. Their views are his/her own.
- Live At-Home Dryland Workouts From SwimOutlet.com (USMS Partner)
- 50+ Dryland Workouts from The Race Club (USMS Partner - see the benefits section to access their content for 2 month free)
- Conejo Valley Masters member Arlette Godges's dryland workouts
- Woodlands Masters Swim Team member Jessica Platt's Pilates workouts
- San Diego Swim Masters member Alex Bezugliy's dryland workouts
- Ensworth Aquatic Masters member Abbie Fish's dryland workouts
- Masters of South Texas coach Susan Ingraham's tethered workouts
- Long Beach Grunions coach Kenny Brisbin's tethered workouts
- FINA's Home Workout Routines
- Live Olympian Webinars from CG Sports Management
- Yoga Guides and Expert Advice From YogaOutlet
Virtual EventsVirtual events that can be completed in a workout setting (pool or open water) will be the most practical path to ease back into competitions and fitness events. USMS plans to host the following events for members who have access to swim safely:
- Go the Distance is an ongoing fitness event to encourage USMS members to swim regularly and track progress.
- 2020 SmartyPants Vitamins USMS Summer Fitness Challenge (July 15–31). This is a 2K swim that can be completed in a pool or open water. A dryland option will also be offered. Proceeds from this event will benefit USMS COVID-19 relief efforts for clubs.
- 2020 USMS 5K/10K ePostal National Championships (June 1–Sept. 30)
- In addition to these annual events, USMS plans to host the first USMS virtual championships in August to help fill the void of recent event cancellations. More details will be announced in the coming weeks.
More Membership Benefits We Offer
- SWIMMER magazine is packed with interesting profiles, physiology articles, technique features, history, product reviews, health and nutrition information, and much more. Dust off your stockpile of hard copies or head to your My USMS page and skim through our online catalog dating back to 2005. It will fill that fix when you can't binge-watch TV any more.
- Bookmarked an old article on usms.org or saved a video on Facebook or YouTube but didn't get a chance to read or watch it? Now is the time to catch up. It will take your mind off of things while providing your cranium with healthy stimulation. Here are a couple great places to start: Dryland | Nutrition
- The Race Club is offering two free months of access to its premium content and 20 percent off after that! The Race Club's content is for the technique hungry and will provide hours of visual reinforcement. How do you get access to it? Just input your membership information here and you're off to swim school.
- Check out all the other benefits we offer to see what you might have missed.
- Follow the USMS social channels and engage with other people who love the sport. These virtual conversations can help provide a community all across the U.S. Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
- Join the Smartypants Vitamins USMS Fitness Series Facebook Group. It is a fun community where everyone is striving for the same goals: motivate others and have fun while doing it. You could also join the USMS Swimming Saves Lives Foundation Facebook Group to connect with those who are celebrating new swimmers and their instructors.
- Join the USMS forums.
Catch Up on What You've Been Wanting to Do
- Connect your My USMS and swim.com accounts, so you have access to the latest swim training technology when you can get back in the pool.
- Clean out your swim bag and get rid of those old caps and granola bars. Who knows -- maybe you'll even find the medal that went missing.
- Write those thank-you notes to your coaches and teammates that you've been meaning to do. Or you can always FaceTime your new and old swimming friends to check in on them.
- Watch or rewatch those old live streaming or event recap videos from USMS Nationals. We have an archive dating back to 2011 on our YouTube channel.
- Fill out the personal goals you want to accomplish when things return to normal, because things will be different and you’ll be ready to seize the day!