Nearly 20 percent of USMS members identify themselves as triathletes or as having an interest in triathlon. Many have joined USMS seeking assistance from Masters coaches and teams in an effort to improve their swimming technique and endurance. USMS is ready to help and provides these resources to triathletes:
- Articles geared toward triathletes.
- Find a club: More than 1,000 clubs and chapters, many offering workouts catered to triathletes. Training with swimmers in a coached swim workout is the best way to improve the swim leg of your triathlon.
- Online Workouts: for athletes who train on their own. Written specifically for triathletes by triathletes.
- A full Calendar of Events, so you can find the pool and open water competitions you need to test yourself during the off-season or keep your edge during the season.
- Fitness Logs: where you can keep track of your mileage in all three disciplines: swimming, biking and running, for a complete record of your training.
But don't take our word for it; listen to Olympic triathlete and USMS member Jarrod Shoemaker:
Additional benefits of membership include:
- SWIMMER magazine and STREAMLINES e-newsletters, packed with articles on training and technique, health, fitness, nutrition, product reviews and much, much more.
- Masters Coach Certification: If you coach or have an interest in coaching triathletes, our coach certification program will provide you with the knowledge to write workouts, provide instruction, market yourself and much more.
Be sure to visit our Getting Started page if you are just starting with a swimming program.
If you're training for your first triathlon and have not yet joined USA Triathlon, you'll want to visit their site and learn about the benefits of USAT membership.