Account Linking Details
The account linking will take the applicable swims within your USMS Fitness Log (FLOG) and combine them with your swims on the Swim.com platform. If you have swims on Swim.com before linking, your FLOG swims will be added to those once the linking is complete. If you don't have swims on Swim.com before linking, your FLOG swims will be the only swims on Swim.com once the linking is complete. Swim.com will then become the one location for all of your swims from both accounts. From Swim.com, you'll be able to update your swim information, add a note to your swim, connect with other swimmers, view local and national leaderboards, and so much more.
After linking, if you're just looking for a quick snapshot of all your applicable swims in your My USMS account, you can view them in your My Swim Feed section.
2019 Important Notes:
- You will need a Swim.com account before you can begin linking. Go here to register your free account: www.swim.com or download the app for your iPhone or Android.
- Only pool swims will be sent over to Swim.com. This means open water swims, runs, yoga classes, hikes, etc. will not be sent over. (Note: open water swims will be added to Swim.com in the future)
- Only pool swims with yards or meters as the distance metric will be sent over to Swim.com. This means swims with miles as the distance metric will not be sent over. (Note: miles will be added to Swim.com in the future)
- The applicable pool swims will only be sent over from the FLOGs one time. This means that any new swims added to the FLOG or updates to workouts will need to be done on Swim.com after the integration has taken place. We recommend only using Swim.com after you integrate your My USMS and Swim.com accounts.
- Swims input on Swim.com will not be sent back to the FLOG
2020 Updates (Coming Soon, June 2020):
- Open water swims, runs, yoga classes, and all other FLOG activities can be sent over from the FLOGs to Swim.com
- Miles as a distance metric will be available in Swim.com and will be sent over from the FLOGs
- FLOGs that have been input after you linked your accounts, will be sent over to Swim.com
How to Link Your Accounts
It's a simple process to link your accounts, and you only have to do it once!
- Create a Swim.com account.
- Log in to your My USMS account.
- Click on the My Swim Feed section.
- Click the "Get Started" button.
- Consent to the terms.
- Enjoy your My USMS/Swim.com integration.
You can upload your workouts to Swim.com's website or app, which can be accessed on your iOS or Android device. You'll be able to gain valuable insights on your pace, stroke rate, and more through our partnership with Swim.com, the most advanced swim app on the market. Here are some other benefits of Swim.com:
- Integrates with smartwatches (Apple Watch, Garmin, Android, and Samsung)
- Easy-to-use mobile app
- Club and national-level leaderboards
- Connect with other swimmers
- Enhanced workout analytics
- Tracking your swimming progress over time
- Connection to swim workout library where workouts can be downloaded directly to your wearable
Q: Where do I register for a swim.com account?
Q: I don't see all of my FLOG activities in My Swim Feed. What should I do?
A: After the accounts are linked, the applicable FLOG swims can take from several minutes up to as much as 10-20 minutes to process – depending on how many users are connecting at the same time and how many FLOGs you have. Once you have given the transition ample time and you still don’t see your swims, make sure you are only looking for pool swims with 25 yards, 25 meters, or 50 meters as the distance metrics. Open water swims, swims with the course “Other,” or swims with miles as the distance metric will not be transferred to Swim.com or My Swim Feed. Neither will nonswimming activities such as yoga, hiking, biking, weightlifting, etc. If you don’t see your FLOG swims after 30 minutes, contact email@example.com.
Q: Will swims input on Swim.com get added to my Go The Distance totals?
No, only swims entered through the FLOGs will go to your Go The Distance totals. We will work to add this functionality in the future.
Q: I would like to see some other features added to Swim.com. Who should I contact?
A: The July 2019 launch is just the first phase in the Swim.com-USMS relationship. We plan on releasing new features, events, and improvements over the next year. If you have ideas on new features or improvements, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Do I need to create my Swim.com account with the same email as my My USMS account?
A: No, you can create a Swim.com account with whatever email address you would like. When linking your Swim.com account to your My USMS account, if you are not already logged into Swim.com, you will be prompted to log in. At this point, you can enter the email and password you used when creating your Swim.com account.
Q: Why am I not seeing anything in the Personal Records tab of My Swim Feed?
A: Only swims that are logged from a smartwatch will populate your Personal Records tab. The FLOGs do not have the capability of inputting a fastest 50, 100, 200, etc. They just take total distance and total time. You can buy a smartwatch here.
Q: Which smartwatches are compatible with Swim.com?
A: Swim.com is compatible with most of the popular wearables, including the Apple Watch, Garmin, Samsung, and WearOS-compatible devices. Many of these devices can be purchased on SwimOutlet.com.
Q: Where can I disconnect my accounts?
A: You can either hit disconnect on the upper right-hand corner of your My Swim Feed page or log into Swim.com and go to your Account Settings. Once you scroll down near the bottom of this section, you will see a button to disconnect your account. Press this button and then confirm that you want to disconnect your accounts.
Q: How should I prep my FLOG swims to get the most out of the integration?
A: Make sure that every FLOG activity you want to come over is a pool swim with date, total distance, and total time filled out. Also, make sure the course type of SCY, SCM, or LCM is selected. If you have an open water swim and you want that to be processed, you would need to change the course type to SCY, SCM, or LCM. After that, you can put a comment on the FLOG stating that this was an open water swim. Note: This transfer of swims will only happen one time when you link your accounts.
Q: Why is Total Distance only 50 yards or meters on some of my swims? I know I didn't input them like that.
A: The FLOG was created in the 2000s and has evolved in that time. Entering Total Distance was not always a requirement, which left many FLOG swims without this information. Fifty yards or meters is the minimum requirement for Total Distance on a FLOG swim to be processed over to Swim.com. We changed all the swims that had 0s in the Total Distance to 50 to ensure they made it over to Swim.com. If you want to remove these swims, you can always delete them from your Swim.com account.
Q: Why is Total Time only one minute on some of my swims? I know I didn't input them like that.
A: The FLOG was created in the 2000s and has evolved in that time. Entering Total Time was not always a requirement, which left many FLOG entries without this information. One minute is the minimum requirement for Total Time on a FLOG swim to be processed over to Swim.com. We changed all the swims that had 0s in the Total Time to 1 to ensure they made it over to Swim.com. If you want to remove these swims, you can always delete them from your Swim.com account.