The USMS Coach Mentor Program brings together Masters coaches requesting assistance in the development of their Masters coaching career with experienced Masters coaches willing to serve as mentor coaches.
Masters coaches provide leadership services at the club level to grow and retain members. They lead their programs on and off the pool deck and provide the cohesive bond that successful Masters programs need to flourish. Many of our coaches are new to the Masters coaching ranks and are asked to lead these programs with little or no Masters coaching experience. USMS provides classroom and on-deck educational opportunities for coaches, as well as support via phone and email. In addition, the USMS Coach Mentor Program provides in-depth experience to the mentee coach, for the purpose of advancing their coaching capabilities, facilitating the growth of their membership and providing more enhanced benefits to the members swimming in the programs.
If you are interested in becoming a USMS mentee coach, you must meet the following criteria and fill out the following questionnaire.
Mentee Coach Criteria
- Current membership with USMS
- Program and coach are in good standing with USMS
- 1-year minimum of USMS coaching experience
- Must be a head coach or assistant coach with significant responsibilities at a USMS registered club or workout group
- USMS-certified Masters coach, Level 1 or higher
- Able to demonstrate a clear commitment to participate in the mentoring program
- Completed Mentee Coach questionnaire