Information and Procedures
Review the following reference materials in the listed order to help guide you during the transition into the treasurer role:
- Introduction to Financial Policies and Operating Guidelines
- IRS Tax Filing 990-N (e-Postcard)
- Creating an LMSC Annual Financial Statement
- National Unified Fee Structure and Membership Options
- Reviewing Registration Money
- Receiving bank ACH deposit is preferable to checks in the mail & more time effective for everyone. If your LMSC would like to move away from sending checks to USMS, please contact Volunteer Services for more information.
- Contacts and Resources
LMSC treasurers perform an important and complex function. Good accounting practices and knowledge of USMS Financial Policies and Operating Guidelines for LMSCs are vital to an LMSC’s financial health.