3,352 USMS Members swim more than 1.25 BILLION yards in 2015
The annual GTD program has become one of the most popular events offered by USMS. More than 3,300 members participated in this fitness event in 2015, logging more than 1.25 billion yards for the year (more than 700,000 miles). What’s next?
Go the Distance in 2016
GTD is a self-directed program intended to encourage Masters swimmers to regularly exercise and track their progress. There’s no time limit for the distance milestones, except that they must be achieved in the calendar year. Speed doesn’t count—just the effort to attain whatever goal you set for yourself.
GTD is on the honor system—you track the distance you swim. Daily, weekly, or monthly, enter that information into your online Fitness Log (FLOG). When you achieve certain milestones, you’ll be recognized on the U.S. Masters Swimming website and have the opportunity to purchase GTD awards that note the milestones you achieved.
There’s no cost to enter GTD. You can register through your FLOG in the My USMS section of the website. Your FLOG allows you to track all your fitness activities—such as running, biking, weight training, and yoga—while participating in GTD. Track your weekly, monthly and annual totals online. Once you've entered GTD, your results are automatically included in the daily summary reports, and the link to purchase your milestone awards will appear on your FLOG when you reach the various milestones.
Milestone Milestone Awards Available for Purchase 50 miles GTD 50 mile caps and various other items 100 miles GTD 100 mile caps and various other items 150 miles 200 miles 250 miles GTD 250 mile caps and various other items 300 miles 365.25 miles
(average mile a day)
400 miles 500 miles GTD 500 mile caps and various other items 750 miles 1000 miles 1250 miles 1500 miles
- You must be a current USMS member to participate in the GTD program.
- You will be able to purchase a milestone award once you reach any of the milestone award numbers on the chart above.
- If you have reached any awards milestone, click on the awards graphic on the top left side of your FLOG to see which milestone awards you are able to purchase. When you’ve reached any milestone award, a notification will appear in your FLOG. Just follow that link to your milestone award page. From this page, you will be able to go to a specific milestone page on the All-American Swim Supply website and order your milestone award there..
- The GTD Program ends on December 31. You must have logged all your miles in your FLOG by January 10 in order to receive any of the awards.
- All questions or concerns about the GTD Program need to be sent by March 10 for the preceding year.
2016: daily results
2015: daily results
2014: daily results
2013: daily results
2012: daily results
2011: daily results
2010: daily results
2009: monthly results
2008: monthly results
2007: monthly results
For more information, please contact the GTD support team at firstname.lastname@example.org