GTD is a self-directed event intended to encourage Masters swimmers to regularly exercise and track their progress. There’s no time limit for the distance milestones, except that they must be achieved in the calendar year. Speed doesn’t count—just the effort to attain whatever goal you set for yourself.
GTD is on the honor system—you track the distance you swim. Daily, weekly, or monthly, enter that information into your Fitness Log (FLOG). When you achieve certain milestones, you’ll have the opportunity to purchase GTD awards.
There’s no cost to enter GTD. You can register through your FLOG in the My USMS section of the website. Your FLOG allows you to track all your fitness activities—such as running, biking, weight training, and yoga—while participating in GTD. Track your weekly, monthly and annual totals online. Once you've entered GTD, your results are automatically included in the daily summary reports, and the link to purchase your milestone awards will appear on your FLOG when you reach the various milestones.
Awards and MerchandiseMilestone awards and other merchandise will be available for online order through a USMS partner. Please read the award notes below for important procedures governing the award program.
Milestone Awards Available for Purchase
- 50 miles: 50-mile cap and various other items
- 100 miles: 100-mile cap and various other items
- 250 miles: 250-mile cap and various other items
- 500 miles: 500-mile cap and various other items
- If you've reached any awards milestone, click on the awards graphic on the top left side of your FLOG to see which milestone awards you're able to purchase. Just follow that link to your milestone award page. From this page, you'll be able to go to a specific milestone page on Swimoutlet.com's website and order your milestone award there.
- The GTD Program ends on December 31. You must have logged all your miles in your FLOG by January 10 in order to purchase any of the awards.
- All questions or concerns about the GTD Program need to be sent by January 15 for the preceding year.
If you have questions related to Go The Distance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-256-8767.
Prior Go the Distance events
View the results from prior years.
Choose the year below
- 2019 Go the Distance results
- 2018 Go the Distance results
- 2017 Go the Distance results
- 2016 Go the Distance results
- 2015 Go the Distance results
- 2014 Go the Distance results
- 2013 Go the Distance results
- 2012 Go the Distance results
- 2011 Go the Distance results
- 2010 Go the Distance results
- 2009 Go the Distance results
- 2008 Go the Distance results
- 2007 Go the Distance results