The COVID-19 crisis will have long-term and far-reaching effects on all of us. But we are swimmers. We are a tight-knit resilient tribe. When we stick together, we can overcome any challenge in our way.
Because your health and wellness is our primary focus during these unprecedented times, we've put together information, resources, and updates pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic as it relates to U.S. Masters Swimming and its members, clubs, coaches, volunteers, events, and fans below.
As we develop new communication, messaging, and programs to navigate COVID-19, the National Office will facilitate idea sharing throughout USMS. Please share any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas with Volunteer Services. Please connect with us if you have any questions or concerns.
Most important, stay healthy and safe, and look out for each other during this crisis.
Volunteer Communications and Updates
- October 8, 2020 - Guidelines announced for Phase 1 Return to Competition starting November 1
- Sept 23, 2020 - UPDATE: USMS recommendations for sanctioning events
- July 14, 2020 - Update: USMS recommendation for sanctioning events
- June 30, 2020 - A message from the president - Updates on several important topics
- June 18, 2020 - USMS new recommendation for sanctioning events
- June 11, 2020 - Update to USMS Liability Release and Waiver Form
- May 21, 2020 - USMS cancels Summer Nationals
- May 11, 2020 - New Financial Plan and Adjustments for the Future
- May 1, 2020 - A Message From the President - We want your feedback on 2020 membership fees
- May 1, 2020 - USMS to Host Virtual Annual Meeting in 2020
- April 29, 2020 - A Message From the President -- April 2020
- April 22, 2020 - Board Updates From the USMS President: USMS Annual Meeting and Events
- March 24, 2020 - A Message From the CEO
- March 13, 2020 - USMS Cancels Spring Nationals and Strongly Recommends LMSCs to Suspend Events Until April 30
USMS COVID-19 Relief Program for Clubs
Event Sanctions and Fees
We started implementing a phased approach to return to competition as of November 1, 2020. We understand not all LMSCs will be able to begin holding events due to state, local, and facility restrictions; however, we want those who do conduct events to plan with USMS guidelines and recommendations in place. Refer to the Sanction Fee Grid for more information and visit the COVID-19 Event Resources page for guidance and recommendations for hosting a USMS-sanctioned event during these unprecedented times.
Please continue to follow the guidelines established by local, state, and federal health officials in your area.