Registered swimmers receive a series of pre-event emails with important information regarding 2018 Nationwide USMS Spring Nationals. Here are links to these emails for reference:
- Update #1 (sent April 12)
- Update #2 (sent April 19)
- Update #3 (sent April 30)
- Update #4 (sent May 7)
- There are 2,378 swimmers registered for the 2018 Nationwide USMS Spring Nationals, the largest USMS national championship ever.
- The competition will start at 7:30 a.m. each day instead of 8 a.m. Here is the estimated timeline.
- On competition days, the competition pool will be open for warm-up from 6 a.m. until 7:20 a.m. and the warm-up pools will be available from 7:20 a.m. until the conclusion of the final event each day. Visit the meet information page for more warm-up details.
- The positive check-in deadlines for events 200 yards and longer will remain the same as originally published on the meet information page -- 7 a.m or 9 a.m. each day depending on the event.
- The sixth event will be dropped from all swimmers' individual entries if they signed up for six individual events.
- The 50s and 100s will be preseeded with the oldest age groups first, slowest to fastest within each age group, men and women separate.
- The 200s will be deck seeded, with the oldest groups first, slowest to fastest within each age group, men and women separate.
- The 400 IMs and 500 freestyles will be deck seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age, with men and women separate.
- The 1000 and 1650 freestyles will be deck-seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age, with men and women combined.
- REMEMBER ALL EVENTS 200 YARDS AND LONGER WILL REQUIRE POSITIVE CHECK-IN.
- The women's heats will precede men's heats for each event, except the 1000 and 1650 freestyles (which are combined) and 500 freestyles (which are on separate days).
- The psych sheets and heat sheets have been published.