National and International ChampionshipsU.S. Masters Swimming holds two national championship pool meets each year. The spring championships are held in April or May and are contested in a short course venue. The summer championships are held in July or August and are contested in a long course venue. FINA sponsors the Masters world championship long course meet in odd-numbered years, and UANA sponsors the Pan American championships in even-numbered years.
National Qualifying TimesUSMS members of all abilities, from beginners to Olympians, are welcome to participate in USMS National Championship events. ANY member can enter up to three individual events without meeting the National Qualifying Times. Swimmers who wish to enter more than three events must meet the NQTs for those additional events. Here are frequently asked questions regarding our National Qualifying Times.
Bidding to Host USMS National Championship EventsAll groups or facilities interested in bidding to host a USMS National Championship should request a bid packet and application from the Championship Committee Chair via email or by phone at 510-324-6729. The Championship Committee selects USMS National Championship hosts and serves in an advisory capacity to the hosts of these marquee events. We will accept bids for 2022 championships from January through May 1, 2020. Our introductory letter has more information about the bidding process, as does this FAQ document.
Prior Pool National and International Championships
Choose the event below
- 2020 USMS Summer National Championship
- 2020 USMS Spring National Championship
- 2019 USMS Summer National Championship
- 2019 USMS Spring National Championship
- 2018 Nationwide USMS Spring National Championship
- 2018 UANA Pan American Masters Championships
- 2017 Nationwide USMS Spring National Championship
- 2017 USMS Summer National Championship
- 2017 XVII FINA World Masters Championship
- 2016 Nationwide USMS Spring National Championship
- 2016 USMS Summer National Championship
- Previous National and International Championships