Volunteer Educational Webinars
Presented by the LMSC Development, Coaches and ALTS Committees
Volunteers, coaches, and instructors pose questions, discuss challenges, get answers, and share successes related to their roles. In turn, committees use the information shared to build a repository of best practices for coaches, instructors, and volunteers.
Mark your calendars for the next educational webinar(s)
Calls take place on Thursdays at 8:00 PM Eastern (except for September and December). They last for about one hour. Registration links will be provided below for each discussion topic. Contact volunteer services for more information.
LMSC volunteers share information with others in the same role. Each group has the option to sign up for ongoing Relationship Building discussions with other LMSC volunteers around the country.
- April 6 - LMSC Treasurer Peer-to-Peer | Register Here
- May 4 - LMSC Event Support Peer-to-Peer (Sanctions, Safety, Officials, Top10, LMSC Records, LMSC Hall-of-Fame) | Register Here
- June 1 - LMSC Coaches Chair & LMSC Club Development Chair Peer-to-Peer: "Working with Club Board of Directors" | Register Here
Adult-Learn-To-Swim (ALTS) Community
ALTS volunteers connect and discuss current ALTS-related issues. Each month features a unique topic and guest speaker selected by the ALTS Committee.
*ALTS webinars will resume in 2023
Coaches across the country connect and discuss current coaching-specific issues. Each month features a unique topic and guest speaker selected by the Coaches Committee.
- Check back soon!
LMSC Development representatives recap the month's happenings by reviewing upcoming deadlines, webinar schedules, and updates from STREAMLINES for volunteers and any national committee minutes. Each month features a unique topic and guest speaker selected by the LMSC Development Committee.
- March 30 - LMSC Inclusive Culture & Volunteer Development (+Awards) | Register Here
- May 25 - LMSC Coach Support & Club Development | Register Here
Missed a Topic?
Webinar topics are now more easily accessible in the Meeting Minutes section of usms.org by selecting Webinar Presentations and Notes or Webinar Recordings. Previous discussions include:
- Spending LMSC Cash Reserves / Building a Budget
- Vision for the future of U.S. Masters Swimming
- LMSC Update: Focus on managing LMSC finances and spending down LMSC cash reserves
- LMSC Update: Focus on More LMSC Great Ideas
- Volunteer Working Calendar & USMS Community/Forums
- LMSC Grievance Process / National Board of Review
- Diversity & Inclusion Education
- Adult Learn-to-Swim (ALTS) Initiatives
- and more!