Welcome to the 2022 USMS National Elections information site. The election will be held during the 2022 Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates. This election cycle, we will elect At-Large Directors (Breadbasket Zone, Colonies Zone, Great Lakes Zone, Northwest Zone, Oceana Zone, South Central Zone, Southeast Zone and Southwest Zone). Descriptions and duties of the officers are contained in ARTICLE 506 of the Code of Regulations. Processes for the election are governed by the current Election Operating Guidelines. Please read all information carefully and refer to the Election Schedule in APPENDIX A of these guidelines to avoid misunderstandings. If elected, you will need to attend a mandatory BOD meeting which will be held at the conclusion of the virtual annual meeting.
Due to the hybrid nature of the 2022 Annual Meeting, the Elections Committee and the Board of Directors have created and approved the following Elections Procedures for a Hybrid USMS Annual Meeting.
The following candidates have been qualified and slated as of May 10, 2022. (Consolidated Election Packet). Meet-the-candidate videos for slated candidates will be available for viewing from Monday, Sept 12, 2022, until Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022, 12:30pm EDT. (*endorsed by zone)
- Breadbasket Zone
- Sue Nutty* - Elected
- Colonies Zone
- Charles Cockrell* - Elected
- Ally Sega*
- Great Lakes Zone
- Jay DeFinis*
- Susan Ehringer* - Elected
- Northwest Zone
- Paige Buehler* - Elected
- John King* - Elected
- Kris Wingenroth* - Elected
- Britta O’Leary* - Elected
- Jeff Commings* - Elected
The original nomination period is from March 1, 2022 through April 30, 2022. The open period for Floor Nominations will be announced at a later date.
- Nomination Packet - This is a Word file containing instructions and the Candidate questionnaire.
- Template for Letter of Nomination or Endorsement
- Current Election Operating Guidelines - The guidelines govern the election process and inform you of the requirements you will need to fulfill as a candidate.
To be eligible for nomination, candidates shall:
- be members in good standing of U.S. Masters Swimming for the year when the election is held;
- have attended one or more USMS annual meetings of the National House of Delegates in the preceding five years; and
- plan to attend the annual meeting of the National House of Delegates for the election year in which they are standing for election, and plan to attend all House of Delegates meetings during their tenure. Explanation of the duties of officers can be found in the USMS Code of Regulations and Rules of Competition (Article 506 - Duties of Officers) and on the Election Section of the USMS Web Site.
If after reading the materials, you have questions about the role of USMS officers or the Nomination/Election process, please contact Elections Committee Chair Erin Sullivan.