U.S. Masters Swimming will conduct public meetings from September 11 to 15. All delegates should plan to attend meetings beginning with the first House of Delegates meeting on Thursday morning, September 12 at 8:30 AM. The final House of Delegates meeting will be held on Saturday afternoon, September 14 from 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Delegates are expected to attend all House of Delegates meetings. The Board of Directors meetings on Wednesday, September 11 and Sunday, September 15 are open to any delegates wishing to observe.
Resources for Delegates
- Welcome Letter - containing a rough overview of convention activities
- Survival Guide - this will give you an overview of what to expect
- Hospitality Suite Schedule - Hosted by the Ozark LMSC
- Hotel Floor Plan (meeting rooms)
- Hotel Detail (fact sheet)
- Pre-annual meeting emails
- Questions: Contact Volunteer Services
Minutes from all meetings held at the annual meeting can be found here. Thank you to all delegates for helping USMS to go "green" by avoiding printing hard copies of all minutes
Pre-Convention Delegate Packet
The full pre-convention packet has been finalized and is available in PDF format here.
(233 pages, 13KB, uploaded 9/5/19)
The packet and individual sections are subject to revision, please be sure to check back frequently to see if any sections have been updated.
Individual Sections of Pre-Convention Packet
- Table of Contents
- USMS Annual Meeting Schedule
- House of Delegates meeting agendas
- National Office - CEO Report
- Strategic Plan Infographic
- 2019 Elections: Candidates for Office
- Committee Reports & Meeting Agendas
- Proposed Amendments
- 2020 Budget Proposal
Support the USMS Swimming Saves Lives Foundation
The Swimming Saves Lives Foundation Auction and other donations to USMS Swimming Saves Lives Foundation during the annual meeting in St. Louis will go to help more adults learn to swim and be safer around the water.
Interested in donating? You can donate directly to the Swimming Saves Lives Foundation through this donation page.
Remembrance ListPlease review this list of USMS members who have passed away since the 2018 convention (click the "Date of Death" column heading twice to reverse sort). This list will be read during one of the House of Delegates sessions. If you know of a name that should be added to this list, submit it to USMS Membership Services no later than Friday, September 6.
Resources for Committees
- Committee report template (pre-convention)
- Instructions for meeting minutes
- Meeting minutes template (MS Word document)
- Example of a completed meeting minutes document
- Meeting attendance form
- Workshop #1 - Developing Officials in your LMSC
- Workshop #2 - Registrar as Membership Coordinator and the new Volunteer Coordinator Role*
- Workshop #3 - The Combined Sanctions/Top Ten Role*
- Workshop #4 - Proposed National Committee Structure*
- Workshop #5 - The Ways We Differ--How to Include Others
- Workshop #6 - How to Run a Successful Adult Learn to Swim Program
*Please read the Volunteers Task Force's report before attending the Volunteer Task Force workshops.
September 11-15, 2019
Hyatt Regency St. Louis
at The Arch
315 Chestnut Street
St. Louis, Missouri 63102
- Room Block closes Aug. 9, 2019 (or when it fills, whichever happens first)
- A one night room and tax non-refundable deposit is due at time of booking for each reservation.
Information - United States Aquatic Sports
- Full Registration
- April 5 - Aug. 22: $180
- Aug. 23 - Sept. 15: $210
- Partial Registration (does not include the Saturday evening Awards banquet)
- One Day: $75
- Two Day: $140