Clubs and Workout Groups register online each year as members of USMS. A club must be registered in order for swimmers to select that club when they join USMS.
A club may register starting on October 1 for the following year's club registration/membership. The individual swimmer registration year begins on November 1 and runs through December 31 of the following year. (For example, a club may renew its registration in October, 2018, for the 2019 registration year; swimmers who join USMS beginning on November 1, 2018, can select that club for their 2019 club affiliation. November and December 2018 are included as part of the individual member's 2019 membership year, and those swimmers would be eligible to participate in events held in November and December 2018 as well as all of 2019.)
Information Needed to Register a new Club or Workout group
When you register your club, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Which LMSC you wish to register in (you will be presented with a map during the registration process)
- The club name
- The club abbreviation, as of 2019, must be two to five characters (such as SHARK). The abbreviation must be unique. Our system will tell you whether your chosen abbreviation is taken, so plan on having a couple of other options in case your first choice is already taken
- The name, address, phone, and email address for the club contact. This will be the person who receives the club’s registration payment receipt, the welcome letter, the mailed rule book, and various communications throughout the year from USMS and the LMSC
- The web site URL for the club’s web site (if it has one)
- The email address of the club communication representative. This is the person who will receive an email notification every time a new member registers with the club. (This feature is optional.)
- The club’s logo (optional) if it wishes to provide the logo. The logo file can be in .JPG, .GIF, or xxx format. Keep in mind that it will only be about ½ inch square when printed, or 60px square.
- Information for the club’s Club Finder listings (pool addresses, workout times, etc.)
Every club contact will receive an email with a renewal link in the first week of October that will allow the club to renew its membership online with a credit card.
It's important to have your club registered before November 1 because on that date, individual members can begin registering or renewing with USMS for the 2019 membership year. If your club is not registered, it will not appear in the pull-down lists and your members will not be able to register with you.