The U.S. Masters Swimming Online Coaching program provides regular themed practices
from qualified coaches to be posted in the USMS Workout Library. These workouts are
available to USMS members through their My USMS page.
- The Online Coaching Subcommittee of the USMS Coaches Committee will post an
application in the fall for the following year’s coaches.
- The Subcommittee will recommend a coach for each position to the Coaches Committee
- Basic Training
- High Volume
- High Intensity
- Stroke and IM
- Open Water
- Triathlon Training
- Low Volume or Limited Mobility
- The program will run for the calendar year, with selected coaches being eligible to write
workouts for 2 consecutive years. If all coaches plan to continue in the second year and
have performed satisfactorily, there will not be an application process for new coaches
- Coaches will be instructed on how to post workouts using the swim.com platform. All
workouts will be posted using a specific workout writing format in the program and
training will be provided. This platform is subject to change.
- Coaches will provide at least 4 workouts per week in their content area. Workouts should
be created in the Swim.com platform by Sunday at 11 PM EST for the following week (beginning on Monday).
- An annual stipend of $1,500 is paid in installments to those keeping up with the
expectations of the program.
- A coach can be removed by the Subcommittee during the year for failure to meet
expectations or by personal choice if they are unable to fulfill the year due to unforeseen
circumstances. In this case, the Subcommittee will be responsible for finding a
replacement to finish out the year.