Please join us in celebrating your coaches during the first national USMS Coach Appreciation Week, May 4-10.
Let’s say “thank you” to the coaches …
- Who open the gate before sunrise and lock up after dark
- Who stand in the rain, sweat buckets in the heat, and fight frozen toes
- Who plan workouts with you in mind
- Who make travel plans, mobilize volunteers, and somehow know how to work the timing system, no matter how old or broken it is
- Who motivate, cheerlead, and check in
- Who never miss a race
- Who never miss a birth, death, graduation, retirement, illness, injury, or promotion
- Who always have your back
It's always a good time to recognize and acknowledge USMS coaches, but it’s especially important now. Your coaches are working hard behind the scenes to bring back Masters programming in ways that are safe, fun, and fulfilling for everyone. We expect they’ve been in touch with you recently, keeping tabs on your well-being and helping to keep your group connected.
If you’d like to send your coach some extra love this Coaches Appreciation Week, here are some ideas to consider:
- A card or email telling your coach how his/her instruction helped you accomplish a goal
- A gift card or certificate for a special treat
- Flowers, candy, book, wine, or a surprise meal delivered from his/her favorite restaurant
- Thank-you notes to your coach's partner, for selflessly sharing him/her with you on weekends, evenings, and early mornings
- A letter to your facility’s management, thanking it for employing or contracting with such a great person (send your coach a copy)
- Thank him/her on social media -- and be sure to tag USMS
- Continue to pay your club dues if means are available
Thank you for supporting those who support you! Please share your coach appreciation stories with USMS's National Office -- because we love your coaches too!