Bradley Bourbonnais Masters Aquatics
Masters swimming is an organized program of swimming for adults 18 and older. Members participate in a variety of ways ranging from lap swimming to triathlons.
A sanctioned U.S. Masters Swimming program, organized under the auspices of the Bradley-Bourbonnais Swimming Club (BBSC). Our official program/club name is: Bradley-Bourbonnais Masters Aquatics (BBMA).
Anyone 18 or over can join Masters swimming, and anyone 19 and over may compete. U.S. Masters Swimming has over 25,000 members, a few of whom are in there 90's. Members include: Post-college swimmers, former high school and area age group swimmers, local triathletes and adult fitness swimmers.
Craig Culver, former NCAA collegiate swimmer and high school swimming coach, certified USMS masters swimming coach, American Swimming Coaches Association Swim Coach, United States Triathlon National Championship qualifier 1984, 1985, 2015, 2016, and 2017, 3 time Ironman finisher including Hawaii Ironman® World Championship Finisher. Craig started the Bradley-Bourbonnais Swim Club (BBSC) in 1982 and the Bradley-Bourbonnais Masters Aquatics (BBMA) in 2013.
You can be a member and workout everywhere! However, for the purpose of our program/club, we are currently conducting organized, structured, regular workouts at Kankakee High School and at Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School. The locations are:
Kankakee High School: 1200 West Jeffery Street, Kankakee, IL 60901.
On deck coaching/workouts will be provided on the following days/times: Monday evening 6:00pm-7:00 pm. Additional written workouts will be emailed to members for their own use each week.
Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School: 700 West North Street, Bradley, IL 60915. East parking and entrance. On deck coaching/workouts will be provided on the following days/times: Wednesday evening 7:00pm-8:00 pm. Additional written workouts will be emailed to members for their own use each week.
For additional swimming at BBCHS on your own: Monday-Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m., Monday and Wednesday: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Entire pool reserved for Adults only), Tuesday and Thursday: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (2 lanes available or lap swimming only)
About 30% of our Masters swimmers compete in swimming meets on a regular basis. Also, many members are multi-sport athletes, such as Triathletes. The Swimming program provides Triathletes a structure for enhancing their swimming skills. But if competing isn't your style, there's no need to feel pressured. Many Masters swimmers are simply interested in the regular routine of working out.
Are you considering joining the BBMA? Competing in your first swim meet or triathlon? Perhaps you are an experienced swimmer or triathlete that has reached a plateau? Contact Culvertraining@gmail.com and sign-up for a free consultation.
We stand behind our commitment to provide our athletes with the best customer service. We promise to return all communications within 48 hours or less. Optimizing training success is our number one priority. Contact Craig at: email@example.com
• Weekly On site/On Deck Coaching (Includes 2 weekly session).
• Training Workouts designed and distributed via email.
• Annual United States Masters Swimming (USMS) Membership.
• Annual Insurance through USMS Membership.
• Annual BBCHS Community Swimming Pool Membership included (Non Resident of BBCHS pay $30 extra).
• USMS Swim Cap.
• Social Activities.
• Private and group supplemental workout, training and stroke analysis and instruction available contact: Craig Culver at Culvertraining© for details at 815.263.0105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Competition- Pool, Open Water and Triathlons.
• Subscription to the bi-monthly member publication SWIMMER magazine.
• Weekly, general workouts for varying distances and intensities.
• Periodic e-mail communications.
• Opportunity to participate or compete in the very popular 1-Hour Swim, you conduct the 1-Hour Swim in your local pool then submit your results for tracking and recognition.
• Opportunity to participate or compete in the Postal 3000-yard swim, 6,000-yard swim, 5K swim and 10K swim, you conduct any or all of the distance swims in your local pool then submit your results for tracking and recognition.
• Exclusive access to online weekly workouts provided by select U.S. Masters Swimming coaches.
• Access to more than 800 local Masters clubs and workout groups that provide coached workouts all across the country, for when you are traveling.
• Tracking and archiving your event results on USMS.org.
• Recognition and awards if you achieve Top 10 or All American status.
• Record personal training achievements.
• Liability and excess accident insurance for both medical and dental while participating in a United States Masters Swimming insured activities.
• Accidental death & disability coverage while participating in a United States Masters Swimming insured activities.
• And more!
Monday 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM at Kankakee High School
Tuesday 5:30 AM - 6:30 AM at BBCHS
Wednesday 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM at Kankakee High School
Contact Bradley Bourbonnais Masters Aquatics