A club may register starting on October 1 for the following year's club registration/membership. The individual swimmer registration year begins on November 1 and runs through December 31 of the following year. (For example, a club may renew its registration in October 2020, for the 2021 registration year; swimmers who join USMS beginning on November 1, 2020, can select that club for their 2021 club affiliation. November and December 2020 are included as part of the individual member's 2021 membership year, and those swimmers would be eligible to participate in events held in November and December 2020 as well as all of 2021.)
Information Needed to Register a new Club or Workout group
When you register your club, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Which LMSC you wish to register in
- The club name
- The club abbreviation, as of 2019, must be two to five characters (such as SHARK). The abbreviation must be unique. Our system will tell you whether your chosen abbreviation is taken, so plan on having a couple of other options in case your first choice is already taken
- The club details about who you are, your practice times, if you want to be publicly listed on the usms.org Club Finder, how many members you have, if you use USMS's insurance, and what types of swimmers they cater to
- The email address of the club communication representative. This is the person who will receive an email notification every time a new member registers with the club (This feature is optional)
- The club's logo and an image (if you have them). The logo and image can be .jpg, .png, and .gif
- The web site URL for the club’s web site and the Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter handles (if you have them)
- The name, email address, and phone number for the club contact. This will be the person who receives the club’s registration payment receipt, the welcome letter, inquires from the "Contact our Club" form on the club detail page, and various communications throughout the year from USMS and the LMSC. Learn more about the club contact section.
- The club's USMS member coaches (both certified coaches and non-certified coaches) and non-USMS member coaches
- The club's location and pool or open water venue details (25-yard, 25-meter, 50-meter, lake, river, etc.)
- The club's Gold Club Designation questions
Every club contact will receive an email with a renewal link in the first week of October that will allow the club to renew its membership online with a credit card.
It's important to have your club registered before November 1 because, on that date, individual members can begin registering or renewing with USMS for the 2021 membership year. If your club is not registered, it will not appear in the pull-down lists and your members will not be able to register with you.