Convention XXXIV Information
Hyatt Regency Orange County
September 11-15, 2013
Garden Grove, Calif.
Minutes from all meetings held at the convention can be found here. Thank you to all delegates for helping USMS to go "green" by avoiding printing hard copies of all minutes.
U.S. Masters Swimming will conduct public meetings from September 11-15. All delegates should plan to attend meetings beginning with the first House of Delegates meeting on Thursday morning, September 12 at 8:15 a.m. The final House of Delegates meeting will be held on Saturday afternoon, September 14. Delegates are expected to attend all House of Delegates meetings. The Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, September 11 from 9 a.m. through 2 p.m. is open to any delegates wishing to observe. The sports medicine and coaches presentations on Thursday, September 12 at 6 p.m. are also open to all delegates.
Resources for Delegates:
- Welcome Letter, containing pre-convention and convention instructions and a rough overview of convention activities.
- Survival guide for new delegates. If this is your first USAS convention, this document will give you an overview of what to expect.
- House of Delegates meeting agendas
- Expense Reimbursement Form (PDF version) (Excel version with auto-calculate feature) **new 8/28
Pre-Convention Delegate Packet:
The pre-convention packet containing annual reports for all entities and meeting agendas for committee meetings are available here in PDF format. All delegates are expected to download and read the pre-convention packet prior to arriving at convention.
Complete Pre-Convention Packet **new 9/3
For best results, right click and select save as to save the file to your computer and then open your copy of the file.
Individual Sections of Pre-Convention Packet:
- Announcements **revised 8/28
- Table of Contents
- USMS Convention Schedule **revised 8/28
- Executive Committee Reports
- Strategic Plan Update **new 9/3
- Committee Reports & Meeting Agendas
- 2013 Elections: Candidates for Office
- Committees of the Board of Directors Reports
- Liaison, Special Assignments & Task Force Reports
- Proposed Rules Changes
- Proposed Legislation Changes
- 2014 Budget Proposal **new 9/3
- Five-Year Financial Forecast**new 9/11
- Convention Check-In & Certification Procedure
- Rules of the USMS Annual Meeting
- USMS Leadership and Staff - An Abridged Directory **revised 8/27 (every time someone sees their photo and sends us a new one)
- Roberts Rules of Order - The Basics
- USMS Strategic Plan (2011)
- Swimmers Serving as Organizational Leaders: Meeting the Challenge **new 8/21
Resources for Committees:
- Instructions for meeting minutes
- Meeting minutes template (MS Word document)
- Example of a completed meeting minutes document
- Meeting attendance form, continuation page, un-numbered continuation page
- Committee summary of performance
- Workshop 1: Marketing Resources
- Workshop 3: Swim in My Lane
- Open Water Safety Directors' Workshop **new 9/11
- Executive Director's Address
- 2014 Committee Request (required if you are interested in being on a committee in 2014)
- 2013 Convention Evaluation
- 2013 Workshop Evaluations
- #1: Marketing Resources - Kyle Deery
- #2: Working with Your Aquatic Facility - Jim Wheeler
- #3: Swim in My Lane - Bill Brenner
- #4: Streamlining a Dual-Sanctioned Meet - Leo Letendre
- #5: Saturday Summit--Swimmers Serving as Organizational Leaders - Betty Stallings
All persons attending or presenting at any meetings at the convention MUST be registered for the convention. Please register with USAS for the convention. Registration fees are:
170.00 - EARLY registration (online or postmarked on or before August 20, 2013)
200.00 - LATE registration (online or postmarked on August 21, 2013 or later)
Hotel reservations can be made directly via the Hyatt Regency convention portal.
Information about air transportation, airport shuttles, special rental car rates and hotel parking can be found here.