2014 Camp dates: August 23–28
Camp Director: Hill Carrow Assistant Camp Director: Trish Martin
About the Camp
The camp is limited to a small number of dedicated Masters swimmers who are committed to advancing their skills and performance. You’ll be taught and analyzed by outstanding USMS coaches and professionals in the fields of sports psychology, physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, technique, and resistance and flexibility training. You can read an article about one swimmer's experience at this amazing camp.
What You’ll Do
- The camp emphasis is on testing and education. Pool time is dedicated to technique improvement rather than conditioning. You won’t be subject to high yardage but you will get some quality workouts in!
- You’ll be filmed above and below the water and have plenty of stroke instruction and analysis on all four strokes, starts and turns.
- You’ll undergo testing for your heart rate and lactate threshold.
- The camp also covers flexibility and range of motion assessment and instruction, sports psychology consultations, as well as motivational and classroom presentations on topics such as biomechanics, physiology, sports psychology, and race training.
- We’ll keep you busy, but there will be plenty of opportunity for interaction and socialization with the other Masters swimmers.
What You’ll Learn
- You’ll learn the most up-to-date Masters training and competitive theories and techniques and be able to correlate them to your personal swimming program and goals.
- Significant time will be devoted to providing individual results of, and feedback on, all testing. Computerized biomechanic analysis of your stroke, body physiology, videotape review, flexibility and range of motion assessment results and recommendations, lactate and nutrition assessment, and recommendations will be included.
- You will receive expert instruction and a critique of starts, turns, and drills.
- You’ll take home computer printouts, handouts, videos, and test results, along with personalized training program recommendations.
An enthusiastic, friendly, passionate, and dedicated group of coaches continue the tradition of offering high level coaching at this camp.
- Head Coach Sue Welker, Naperville Waves, 2013 USMS High Performance Camp coach and 2006 Speedo USMS Coach of the Year
- Coach Susan Ingraham, Masters of South Texas, 2008 Speedo USMS Coach of the Year
- Coach Dominic Latella, L4 Swimming, 2013 USMS High Performance Camp Coach
- Coach Bobby Patten, Dallas Aquatic Masters, 2010 Speedo USMS Coach of the Year
- Any USMS registered Masters swimmer is eligible to attend this camp.
- Download the 2014 application to apply. Applications must be received by Friday, May 23 and you will be notified of your acceptance by June 6.
- The fee for the camp is $2000, and includes room (two campers per room), board, all ground transportation, including to and from the airport (airfare is not included), instructional materials, camp shirt, and other gifts. Once you are selected, the fee is due in two nonrefundable installments of $1000 by June 30 and July 31.
For further information contact Faryn Roy: email@example.com, 919-678-1651.