Welcome to the 2007 USMS National Elections information site. The election will be held during the 2007 Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates ("HOD"). This election cycle, the HOD will choose all elected Executive Committee members. Descriptions and duties of the elected Officers are contained in ARTICLE 505 of the Code of Regulations. Processes for the election are governed by the current Election Operating Guidelines ("EOG"). Please read all information carefully and refer to the Election Schedule in APPENDIX A of the EOG to avoid misunderstandings.
Executive Committee Candidates Announced
The Election Committee has announced the following slate of candidates for Executive Committee:
- President - Rob Copeland
- Vice President of National Operations - Leo Letendre
- Vice President of Local Operations - Julie Heather
- Vice President of Member Services - Mark Gill
- Vice President of Community Services - Michael Heather
- Secretary - Meg Smath
- Treasurer - no candidates.
The nomination period is from January 1, 2007 through April 30, 2007.
To place your name in nomination for a USMS officer position, download the nomination packet and election guidelines or request them by email from the Election Chair. Please read the entire Packet and guidelines and return the Candidate Questionnaire/Consent-to-Run Form to the Election Chair by April 30, 2007.
- Nomination Packet - This is a Word file containing instructions and the Candidate questionnaire.
- Current Election Operating Guidelines - The guidelines govern the election process and inform you of the requirements you will need to fulfill as a candidate.
To be eligible for nomination, candidates shall: 1) be members in good standing of United States Masters Swimming, Inc. for the year when the Election is held; 2) have attended more than one USMS National HOD Meeting in the preceding five (5) years; and 3) plan to attend the HOD Meeting for the Election year in which they are standing for election, and plan to attend all HOD Meetings during their tenure.