2013 United States Masters Swimming Code Of Regulations And Rules Of Competition
This is an online version of the official Rule Book. If there are any discrepancies between this online version and the printed publication, the online version will take precedence. Printed versions of the official publication can be purchased from the National Office for $10 per copy ($6 for a mini Rule Book). Contact Claudia Woods at 941-556-6281 or via email to order.
|9/25/13||FINA Changes to USMS Rules|
|2/14/13||Open Water Sanctions Update memo from President Nadine Day|
|3/14/12||Breaststroke rules interpretation - initiation of the arm pull|
Downloadable Rule Book
- Zip file containing one large PDF file of the full rule book (4.5 MB)
- Zip file containing one large PDF file of the "mini" rule book (2.8 MB)
On line viewing version
- Dedication, change summary, table of contents, glossary
- Part 1: Swimming Rules
- Part 2: Administrative Regulations of Competition
- Part 3: Long Distance Swimming Rules
- Part 4: Participation, Conduct, Hearings and Appeals
- Part 5: United States Masters Swimming, Inc.: Organization and Bylaws
- Part 6: Amendment Procedures
- Appendix A: Records
- Appendix B: Information for Meet Directors and Officials
- Appendix C: National and International Masters Swimming Schedule
- Appendix D: Zone and LMSC Boundaries
- Appendix E: U.S. Masters Swimming Directory
- Appendix F: U.S. Masters Swimming History
* Section updated since original printed publication
All rule book files are provided here in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. To download a free Acrobat Reader, click here.
Rule Book Cover Contest
The Rule Book cover is printed in full color, 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches and in a mini version that is 8-1/2 x 4 inches. The artwork should be slightly larger for the bleeds.
The requirements are that the artwork contain the U.S. Masters Swimming logo and lettering and "2014 Rule Book." You can download the logo in several different formats.
Any standard electronic format will be accepted. U.S. Masters Swimming may ask that it is sent in an alternative format if unable to view.
Please email the electronic artwork by September 1, 2013 to Susan Ehringer. A hardcopy of the artwork will be printed in 8-1/2 x 11 for viewing and taken to Convention to allow members at Convention to vote on their favorite cover. If you wish to send the hardcopy artwork, it must be postmarked by September 1, 2013 and sent to:
910 Glenridge Dr
Louisville, KY 40242