Convention XXIV Information
Town and Country Resort & Convention Center
San Diego, CA
September 7-14, 2003
USMS will conduct meetings from September 9-14. The first House of Delegates meeting will be held on Wednesday evening, September 10, and the final House of Delegates meeting will be held on Sunday morning, September 14. Delegates are expected to attend all House of Delegates meetings.
- Complete Registration Packet, including:
- Convention Registration Form
- Hotel Registration Form
- Meeting Schedule
- Election Information
- Pre-Convention Delegate Packet
All persons attending any meetings at the convention must be registered. Registration fees are:
-$110.00 - postmarked by August 1, 2003
-$135.00 - postmarked by August 2, 2003 or later
Please send your registration form and fee to: Ellaine Cox, United States Aquatic Sports, 17575 Darden Rd., South Bend, IN 46635. If you need to cancel you must do so in writing by August 30, 2003 in order to receive a full refund.
Reservations will be handled through the Town and Country Resort by returning the reservation form to the hotel or by calling the hotel at 1-800-772-8527. Call for reservations early! HOUSING WILL BE CUT OFF ON August 14, 2003 or when we reach capacity. If changes need to be made concerning your reservations you MUST call the hotel directly. See the reservation form for detailed information including rates.
If you are in need of a handicapped room, please indicate that when making your reservations.
To receive the convention rate be sure to mention that you are with United States Aquatic Sports Convention.
You may register (as a convention delegate) without making room reservations at the Town and Country Resort.
Single - $113
Double - $113
Tax not included
Schedule of Meetings:
The schedule of USMS meetings is available here to aid in your reservation plans. This schedule is subject to minor changes so check back regularly.
USMS Officer Elections:
This is an election year for the offices of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Please see the 2003 Elections Section for details.
The pre-convention packet that is mailed to all registered delegates is available here in Adobe Acrobat format.
Complete Pre-Convention Packet (zipped .PDF file ~355K)
Individual Sections of Pre-Convention Packet:
- Table of Contents
- USMS Convention Schedule
- USMS Officer Reports
- USMS National Office Reports
- USMS Non "Block" Committee/Task Force Reports (Database Task Force, Endowment Fund, Zones, Elections)
- Block #1 Committee Meetings (Championship, Coaches, International, Officials, Rules Committees)
- Block #2 Committee Meetings (Convention, Finance, Legal Counselors, Legislation, Planning Committees)
- Block #3 Committee Meetings (Communications, Marketing, Publications, Registration Committees)
- Block #4 Committee Meetings (Fitness, Insurance, Long Distance, Safety Education, Sports Medicine Committees)
- Block #5 Committee Meetings (ISHOF Nominating, History and Archives, Recognition and Awards, Records and Tabulations Committees)
- USMS Liaison & Special Assignments Reports
- Proposed Changes to USMS Legislation
- Proposed Changes to USMS Rules
- Proposed Changes to USMS Long Distance Rules
Convention forms are in .PDF format. In order to view them you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click on the link below to download a free copy. If you are still unable to view these .PDF files, you may request a hard copy of any of them from Tracy Grilli at the National Office.