Convention XXXVI Information
Kansas City Marriott Downtown
September 30-October 4, 2015
Kansas City, Mo.
Minutes from all meetings held at the convention can be found here. Thank you to all delegates for helping USMS to go "green" by avoiding printing hard copies of all minutes.
U.S. Masters Swimming will conduct public meetings from September 30 to October 4. All delegates should plan to attend meetings beginning with the first House of Delegates meeting on Thursday morning, October 1 at 8:00 a.m. The final House of Delegates meeting will be held on Saturday afternoon, October 3. Delegates are expected to attend all House of Delegates meetings. The Board of Directors meetings on Wednesday, September 30 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday, October 4 from 9:15 a.m. to noon are open to any delegates wishing to observe.
Resources for Delegates:
- Welcome Letter, containing pre-convention and convention instructions and a rough overview of convention activities.
- Survival guide for new delegates. If this is your first USAS convention, this document will give you an overview of what to expect.
- Hotel Floor Plan (meeting rooms)
- House of Delegates meeting agendas (added 9/20)
- Pre-convention emails
- Questions: Contact Tracy Grilli
Pre-Convention Delegate Packet:
The full pre-convention packet (148 pages, 5MB, created 9/24/15) containing annual reports for all entities and meeting agendas for committee meetings is available here in PDF format. All delegates are expected to download and read the pre-convention packet prior to arriving at convention. This packet will NOT be updated if any of the individual sections (below) are updated. So if you download the complete packet be sure to check below to see if any sections have been updated. For best results, right click and select "save as" to save the file to your computer and then open your copy of the file.
Individual Sections of Pre-Convention Packet:
- Announcements (updated 9/22)
- Table of Contents
- Convention Schedule (updated 9/23)
- National Office - State of USMS
- Executive Committee Reports
- Strategic Plan Summary
- Event Sanction Fee Proposal
- Committee Reports & Meeting Agendas (updated 9/18)
- Zone Reports & Meeting Agendas (updated 9/17)
- 2015 Elections: Candidates for Office
- Committees of the Board of Directors Reports (updated 9/18)
- Liaison, Special Assignments & Task Force Reports
- Proposed Rules Changes
- Proposed Legislation Changes (updated 9/25)
- 2016 Budget Proposal (added 9/18)
- Adjusted budget (added 10/1)
- Final budget
Please review this list (frequently updated) of USMS members who have passed away since the 2014 convention. This list will be read during one of the House of Delegates sessions. If you know of a name that should be added to this list, submit it to Anna Lea Matysek no later than September 25.
Resources for Committees:
- Instructions for meeting minutes
- Meeting minutes template (MS Word document)
- Example of a completed meeting minutes document
- Meeting attendance form, continuation page
- Committee summary of performance
Convention Workshops and Presentations:
- Swimming Saves Lives Foundation - Brandon Franklin
- Communications & Publications Overview - Laura Hamel
- Governance and Leadership - Ed Tsuzuki and Patty Miller
- Recruiting and Managing Volunteers - Susan Ehringer (includes handouts at end of presentation)
- Why Do We Swim - Paige Buehler
- Staff Speed Dating - Dan Cox
- 2016 Committee request (closed)
- 2015 Convention Evaluation (closed)
- 2015 Workshop Evaluations
Information on convention registration, hotel reservations, and airport transportation can all be found on the USAS convention page.