Welcome to the 2010 USMS National Elections information site. The election will be held during the 2010 Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates. This election cycle, we will elect at-large directors; one director from each zone. Descriptions and duties of the directors are contained in ARTICLE 505 of the Code of Regulations and in the USMS Board Responsibilities and Powers document. Processes for the election are governed by the current Election Operating Guidelines. Please read all information carefully and refer to the Election Schedule in APPENDIX A of these guidelines to avoid misunderstandings.
The Election Committee has announced the following slate of candidates for Director. Details and statements from each candidate are linked from the candidate's name.
- Breadbasket Zone - Anthony Thompson
- Colonies Zone - Chris McGiffin
- Dixie Zone - Rowdy Gaines
- Great Lakes Zone - Phil Dodson
- Northwest Zone - Hugh Moore
- Oceana Zone - Jim Clemmons
- Southwest Zone - Phil Whitten, Errol Graham
- South Central Zone - Don Mehl
The nomination period is from March 1, 2010 through April 30, 2010. The nomination period for Directors from the Dixie Zone and Southwest Zone has been extended through May 31, 2010.
To place your name in nomination for an At-Large Director position, download the nomination packet and election guidelines or request them by email from Election Chair Rob Copeland. Please read the entire packet and guidelines and return the Candidate Questionnaire/Consent-to-Run Form to the election chair by April 30, 2010.
- Nomination Packet - This is a Word file containing instructions and the Candidate questionnaire.
- Current Election Operating Guidelines - The guidelines govern the election process and inform candidates of the requirements needed to fulfill the director position.
To be eligible for nomination, candidates shall: 1) be members in good standing of U.S. Masters Swimming for the year when the election is held; 2) have attended more than one USMS annual meeting of the National House of Delegates in the preceding five years; 3) plan to attend the annual meeting of the National House of Delegates for the election year in which they are standing for election, and plan to attend all House of Delegates meetings during their tenure; and 4) candidates for director shall be a resident and a member of the Zone from which they are seeking election.