Convention XXXIII Information
Sheraton Greensboro at Four Seasons
September 12-16, 2012
U.S. Masters Swimming will conduct public meetings from September 12-16. All delegates should plan to attend meetings beginning with the first House of Delegates meeting on Thursday morning, September 13 at 9:15 a.m. The final House of Delegates meeting will be held on Saturday afternoon, September 15. Delegates are expected to attend all House of Delegates meetings. The Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, September 12 from 8:30 a.m. through 2 p.m. is open to any delegates wishing to observe. The sports medicine and coaches presentations on Thursday, September 13 at 11:45 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. are also open to all delegates.
Resources for Delegates:
Welcome Letter, containing pre-convention and convention instructions and a rough overview of convention activities.
Survival guide for new delegates. If this is your first USAS convention, this document will give you an overview of what to expect.
Committee request form. Complete and submit this form at the end of the convention weekend to request membership on one of our standing committees.
House of Delegates meeting agendas **new 9/4
Pre-Convention Delegate Packet:
The pre-convention packet containing annual reports for all entities and meeting agendas for committee meetings are available here in PDF format. All delegates are expected to download and read the pre-convention packet prior to arriving at convention.
Complete Pre-Convention Packet
For best results, right click and select save as to save the file to your computer and then open your copy of the file.
Individual Sections of Pre-Convention Packet:
- Table of Contents
- USMS Convention Schedule
- Executive Committee Reports
- National Office Reports
- Committee Reports & Meeting Agendas
Candidates for At Large Board of Directors
- Committees of the Board of Directors Reports
- Liaison, Special Assignments & Task Force Reports
- Proposed Rules Changes
- Proposed Changes to Long Distance Rules
- Proposed Legislation Changes
- 2012 Budget Proposal ** new 9/7
Resources for Committees:
- Instructions for meeting minutes
- Meeting minutes template (MS Word document)
- Example of a completed meeting minutes document
- Meeting attendance form, continuation page, un-numbered continuation page
- Committee summary of performance
All persons attending or presenting at any meetings at the convention MUST be registered for the convention. Please use the Delegate Registration form. Registration fees are:
160.00 - EARLY registration postmarked by August 20, 2012
190.00 - LATE registration postmarked on August 21, 2012 or later
Hotel information can be found on the USAS website. You are responsible for making your hotel reservations directly with the Sheraton Greensboro at Four Seasons or by calling the Sheraton Greensboro reservation number at 800-242-6556. To obtain the group rate, mention United States Aquatic Sports. The cut-off date is August 7.
- Transportation: Airport - The Greensboro Airport is located 15 minutes from the Sheraton. Rental cars and shuttles are available at the airport.
- Shuttle: A special shuttle rate is available via pre-order for transportation from the Sheraton to the Greensboro Airport on Sunday, September 17 (details).