Convention XXXV Information
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville
September 17-21, 2014
Minutes from all meetings held at the convention can be found here. Thank you to all delegates for helping USMS to go "green" by avoiding printing hard copies of all minutes.
U.S. Masters Swimming will conduct public meetings from September 17-21. All delegates should plan to attend meetings beginning with the first House of Delegates meeting on Thursday morning, September 18 at 8:00 a.m. The final House of Delegates meeting will be held on Saturday afternoon, September 20. Delegates are expected to attend all House of Delegates meetings. The Board of Directors meetings on Wednesday, September 17 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday, September 21 from 9:15 a.m. to noon are open to any delegates wishing to observe.
Resources for Delegates:
- Welcome Letter, containing pre-convention and convention instructions and a rough overview of convention activities.
- Survival guide for new delegates. If this is your first USAS convention, this document will give you an overview of what to expect.
- House of Delegates meeting agendas
Pre-Convention Delegate Packet:
The pre-convention packet containing annual reports for all entities and meeting agendas for committee meetings are available here in PDF format. All delegates are expected to download and read the pre-convention packet prior to arriving at convention.
Complete Pre-Convention Packet
For best results, right click and select save as to save the file to your computer and then open your copy of the file.
Individual Sections of Pre-Convention Packet:
- Table of Contents
- USMS Convention Schedule (updated 8/11)
- Executive Committee Reports
- Strategic Plan Update
- Committee Reports & Meeting Agendas
- 2014 Elections: Candidates for Office
- Committees of the Board of Directors Reports
- Liaison, Special Assignments & Task Force Reports
- Proposed Rules Changes
- Proposed Legislation Changes
- 2015 Budget Proposal
- Five-Year Financial Forecast
Resources for Committees:
- Instructions for meeting minutes
- Meeting minutes template (MS Word document)
- Example of a completed meeting minutes document
- Meeting attendance form, continuation page, un-numbered continuation page
- Committee summary of performance
- Workshop 1:
- Workshop 2:
- Open Water Safety Directors' Workshop
- Executive Director's Address
- 2015 Committee Request (required if you are interested in being on a committee in 2015)
- 2014 Convention Evaluation
- 2014 Workshop Evaluations
All persons attending or presenting at any meetings at the convention MUST be registered for the convention. Please register with USAS for the convention. Registration fees are:
$170.00 - EARLY registration (online or received by August 26, 2014)
$200.00 - LATE registration (online or received after August 27, 2014)
Hotel reservations can be made directly via the Hyatt Regency convention portal or by calling 904-588-1234. Reservations must be made by August 20th to secure the convention room rate. To make reservations for more than one room at a time, call 888-421-1442 (do not call the general Hyatt reservation number or the Hyatt Riverfront). IMPORTANT - due to so many double bookings, there is a $130 cancellation fee if you cancel your reservation after 3:00pm on August 1, 2014.
Information about air transportation, airport shuttles, special rental car rates and hotel parking can be found here.