We're encouraging coaches, clubs, and workout groups to welcome potential new swimmers to their workouts between Thursday, June 1 and Sunday, June 11, for the 2017 Try Masters Swimming Week initiative to help us bring more people into the sport of swimming.
Want Cool Swag? Sign Up to Win!
Coaches, clubs (local only), and workout groups that sign up through the link below between May 1 and May 31 will automatically be entered in a drawing to win one of 10 exciting prizes, including the grand prize of a Colorado Time Systems Pace Clock Pro, a $1,000 value!
In addition to being eligible to win cool swag, you'll automatically be included in a second, exclusive contest taking place June 1 through June 30. This second contest is only open to those who sign up through the link below.
We hope you'll welcome potential swimmers to your workouts during this special week, June 1-11, designed to increase your club's membership!
All you need to do is sign up to be eligible to win!
*All club (local only) and workout group sign ups must be submitted through the online portal to be counted toward the contest. Clubs and workout groups who sign up are agreeing to welcome potential swimmers to their workouts June 1-11, and agree to provide the 30-day trial USMS membership to those who participate in Try Masters Swimming Week.
FIVE ways for Workout Groups to promote Try Masters Swimming Week:
- Put a flyer up at all the aquatic facilities in your surrounding area.
- Ask your swimmers to share on their social media pages.
- Personally, invite the lap swimmers at your aquatic facility.
- Host a clinic and invite individuals who are not currently members in your program.
- Contact your other strategic partners, such as the local triathlon club, to participate in Try Masters Swimming Week.
Beginning at the end of May, USMS members can refer a friend for the first time. We'll have a contest for members to invite their friends and family to step up on the starting blocks for Try Masters Swimming Week.
Starting June 1, there will be an exclusive contest available to coaches, clubs, and workout groups that signed up to participate in the Try Masters Swimming Week by May 31. The top clubs or workout groups will win the following:
- First Place: Colorado Time Systems Pace Clock Pro ($1,000 value) and 2018 club/workout group registration fee waived
- Second Place: 2018 National Coaches Clinic registration fee ($125 value) and 2018 club/workout group registration fee waived
- Third Place: 2018 club/workout group registration fee waived
This exclusive random-draw giveaway is only available to all USMS-registered clubs (local only) and workout groups that sign up to participate in Try Masters Swimming Week through the online portal by May 31, 2017. At the end of the contest period (May 31, 2017), USMS will randomly select 10 clubs and/or workout groups that signed up to participate in Try Masters Swimming Week, to be declared winners.