Convention XXXII Information
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville
September 14-18, 2011
U.S. Masters Swimming will conduct public meetings from September 14-18. All delegates should plan to attend meetings beginning with the first House of Delegates meeting on Thursday morning, September 15 at 8:00 a.m. The final House of Delegates meeting will be held on Saturday afternoon, September 17. Delegates are expected to attend all House of Delegates meetings. The Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, September 14 from 8:30 a.m. through 2 p.m. is open to any delegates wishing to observe. The sports medicine and coaches presentations on Thursday, September 17 at 11:15 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. are also open to all delegates.
Resources for Delegates:
Welcome Letter, containing pre-convention and convention instructions and a rough overview of convention activities
Survival guide for new delegates. If this is your first USAS convention, this document will give you an overview of what to expect.
Pre-Convention Delegate Packet:
The pre-convention packet containing annual reports for all entities and meeting agendas for committee meetings are available here in PDF format. All delegates are expected to download and read the pre-convention packet prior to arriving at convention.
Complete Pre-Convention Packet
For best results, right click and select save as to save the file to your computer and then open your copy of the file.
Individual Sections of Pre-Convention Packet:
- Cover Page
- Announcements *updated 8/29
- Table of Contents
- USMS Convention Schedule *updated 9/6
- Executive Committee Reports
- National Office Reports
- Committee Reports & Meeting Agendas
Candidates for Office
- Liaison, Special Assignments & Task Force Reports
- Proposed Legislation Changes
- Open Water legislation FAQ *added 9/12 (not included in full packet above)
- Proposed Changes to Long Distance Rules
- Proposed Rules Changes
- 2012 Budget Proposal *added 9/12
Resources for Committees:
- Instructions for meeting minutes
- Meeting minutes template (MS Word document)
- Example of a completed meeting minutes document
- Meeting attendance form, continuation page, un-numbered continuation page
All persons attending or presenting at any meetings at the convention MUST be registered for the convention. Please use the Delegate Registration form. For those LMSCs with 5 or more delegates, you can opt to fill out the Group Registration form (pay with one check). Registration fees are:
- id="mce_marker"60.00 - EARLY registration postmarked by August 22, 2011
- id="mce_marker"90.00 - LATE registration postmarked on August 23, 2011 or later
Hotel information can be found on the USAS website. You are responsible for making your hotel reservations directly with the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront or by calling Hyatt Worldwide reservations - 800-233-1234. To obtain the group rate, mention United States Aquatic Sports. The cut-off date is August 15th.
- Transportation: Airport - the Jacksonville International Airport is located approximately 15 miles from the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville. For more information contact 904-741-4902 or visit www.jia.aero
- Shuttle: Shuttle services from the airport to the hotel are provided by Go Shuttle, Checker Cab and Gator Taxi. No additional information is available at this time but will be included in the USMS pre-convention packet that will be sent via email to you in August.
- Driving Directions: for those of you driving directions can be obtained by typing the following address into MapQuest or Google - Hyatt Regency Jacksonville, 225 Coastline Drive East, Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Parking: Valet parking is available at $20 per day or Self Park at id="mce_marker"5 per day.
- Certification Table: The Certification Table will be open on Wednesday 8am to 5pm (Vendor Area), Thursday 7-7:45 am (Vendor Area), Thursday 9:15-9:45 am (House of Delegates Room), Thursday afternoon thru Saturday (come find Debbie)
- Food: Hotel - Einstein's Bagels, Jaxx Sports Bar and Trellises Restaurant. The Jacksonville Landing - a short 5 minute walk from the hotel where you will find the following dining & entertaining establishments: American Café, Benny's Steak & Seafood, Chicago Pizza and Sports Grille, Cinco de Mayo, Hooters, Koja Sushi, Maverick's Rock n Honky Tonk, The Twisted Martini, Village Bread Café, Vito's Italian Café. In addition The Jacksonville Landing also offers a Food Court, Galleries and Specialty Stores in addition to live entertainment on the riverfront stage every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.