Convention XXIII Information
Hyatt Regency-DFW Airport, TX
September 8-15, 2002
USMS will conduct meetings from September 11-15. The first House of Delegates meeting will be held on Thursday morning, September 12, and the final House of Delegates meeting will be held on Sunday morning, September 15. Delegates are expected to attend all House of Delegates meetings. The full pre-convention packet including officer reports and meeting agendas is now available (see below).
- Complete Registration Packet, including:
- Convention Registration Form
- Hotel Registration Form
- Meeting Schedule
- Zone Chair Election Information
- Pre-Convention Delegate Packet
All persons attending any meetings at the convention must be registered. Registration fees are:
-$100.00 - postmarked by August 2, 2002
-$125.00 - postmarked by August 3, 2002 or later
Please send your registration form and fee to: Ellaine Cox, United States Aquatic Sports, 17575 Darden Rd., South Bend, IN 46635. If you need to cancel you must do so in writing by August 31, 2002 in order to receive a full refund.
Reservations will be handled through the Hyatt Regency DFW by returning the reservation form to the hotel or by calling the hotel at (402) 592-6437. Call for reservations early! If changes need to be made concerning your reservations you MUST call the hotel directly. See the reservation form for detailed information including rates.
If you are in need of a handicapped room, please indicate that when making your reservations.
To receive the convention rate be sure to mention that you are with United States Aquatic Sports Convention.
You may register (as a convention delegate) without making room reservations at the Hyatt Regency DFW.
Single - $112
Double - $112
Triple - $112
Quad - $112
Executive Suites - $275
12% tax not included
Schedule of Meetings:
The schedule of USMS meetings is available here to aid in your reservation plans. This schedule is subject to minor changes so check back regularly.
USMS Officer Elections:
This is an election year for the office of Zone Chair. Please see the 2002 Elections Section for details.
Free Shuttle to and from the Airport
Go to the bank of hotel phones in the luggage claim area and call the Hyatt. They will send a mini-bus to pick you up outside of baggage claim.
For all delegates there is complimentary parking. For the delegates not staying at the Hyatt your airport ticket will be validated at the bellstand.
Free Shuttle to Grapevine
Grapevine is home to "Restaurant Row", the Grapefest (which will take place the weekend of our convention), Grapevine Mills Mall and the Bass Pro Shop.
Free Shuttle to Bear Creek Golf Course
Bear Creek is one of the top ten golf courses in Texas. Tee times and golf tournaments can be arranged through the Hyatt. Also include jogging courses for early morning runs.
The pre-convention packet that is mailed to all registered delegates is available here in Adobe Acrobat format.
Complete Pre-Convention Packet (zipped .PDF file ~370K)
Individual Sections of Pre-Convention Packet:
- Table of Contents
- USMS Convention Schedule
- USMS Officer Reports
- USMS National Office Reports
- USMS Committee Reports & Agendas (Convention Committeee, Endowment Fund, Zones)
- Block #1 Committee Meetings (Championship, Coaches, International, Officials, Rules Committees)
- Block #2 Committee Meetings (Finance, Legal Counselors, Legislation, Planning Committees)
- Block #3 Committee Meetings (Communications, Marketing, Publications, Registration Committees)
- Block #4 Committee Meetings (Fitness, Insurance, Long Distance, Safety Education, Sports Medicine Committees)
- Block #5 Committee Meetings (ISHOF Nominating, History and Archives, Recognition and Awards, Records and Tabulations Committees)
- USMS Liaison & Special Assignments Reports
- 2002 Balance Sheet and 2003 Budget Proposal
- Proposed Changes to USMS Rules
- Proposed Changes to USMS Long Distance Rules
- Proposed Changes to USMS Legislation
Convention forms are in .PDF format. In order to view them you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click on the link below to download a free copy. If you are still unable to view these .PDF files, you may request a hard copy of any of them from Tracy Grilli at the National Office.