Zone Chair Re-elected
Lynn Hazlewood, USMS Zone Chair, ran unopposed for a second 2-year term and was re-elected during the annual meeting of the House of Delegates.
The Executive Committee of United States Masters Swiming consists of five elected officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Zone Chair), the immediate Past President, and the Legal Counsel. Full details on the selection of officers and their duties can be found in the USMS Rule Book, Article 505: Officers. Each elected officer holds office for 2 years and may be elected to a second consecutive 2-year term. No officer may concurrently hold more than one office. The Zone Committee acts as the Election Committee under the authority of Article 505.2.3.
At the 2002 USMS National Convention in Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX, the House of Delegates will elect the Zone Chair. The current Zone Chair is eligible for a second term and will be automatically nominated as of January 1, 2002. Melissa Rinker, email@example.com, Zone Representative from Great Lakes Zone, will serve as Election Committee Chair for this election.
This Election Web Site is intended to keep convention delegates and candidates informed of the progress and procedures for the election and contains the following:
- Election Operating Guidelines - The Guidelines govern the election process.
- Schedule - The schedule of election activities will be kept updated as the election proceeds.
- Nomination Packet - Prospective candidates should proceed to download the nomination packet and follow the instructions to get nominated.
- Candidate Information - Information on candidates will be posted after the slate is chosen.
- USMS Discussion Forum - After the slate has been chosen, a USMS Discussion Forum thread will be opened for candidates to discuss issues with members of USMS.