Do you love sharing knowledge, teaching others, and giving back to the sport you love? Do you get excited when a teammate masters a new technique? Do you always seem to be the leader of your workout group? Are you the one who writes the workouts? If yes, you might make a good Masters coach.
Become a Certified Masters Coach
USMS provides an educational program for Masters coaches. The course, developed by Masters coaches, educates coaches working with adult fitness and competitive swimmers. Whether you are new to coaching or are an experienced coach seeking professional development, the education program will help you make the most of the Masters Swimming experience.
The course is not a requirement to be a Masters coach. However, it is a requirement if you wish to become certified as a Masters coach. Coach certification comes with many benefits, including one-on-one support from our Club and Coach Services division and substantial discounts from our sponsor partners.
Once you've become a certified coach, we recommend that you enhance your USMS membership with the recognized coach designation. This will ensure that you continue to receive the recognition and opportunities designed for our professional Masters coaches.
Become a Recognized Masters Coach
Regardless of whether or not you choose to become a certified Masters coach, you can become a recognized Masters coach by choosing this option during registration or updating membership at any time during the registration year. The fee is $30 and includes these benefits:
- Credibility and identity as a Masters coach
- Special sponsor discounts
- Discounts on continuing education, including $10 off each level of certification
- Acknowledgement on usms.org (View a list of current recognized coaches)
- STREAMLINES for Coaches monthly e-newsletter
- Eligibility for hospitality at Spring and Summer Nationals, select volunteer opportunities, and special coaching assignments at the FINA World Championship
- Teaching opportunities in the Masters track at the ASCA World clinic