LMSCs have the option to offer one-event registrations at events sanctioned by their own LMSC. A one-event registration provides USMS insurance coverage to a participant in one "event" (open water race or pool meet). One-event participants pay a one-time fee. They are not eligible for Top 10 or records set in that event.
A summary of the process is as follows:
- Swimmers fill out OEVT form at race
- Race director collects forms and payments
- Race director enters names into spreadsheet
- Race director emails spreadsheet to LMSC registrar
- Race director mails paper OEVT forms and payments to registrar
- Registrar emails spreadsheet to National Office
- National Office bills LMSC for OEVT registrations (as part of monthly registration invoicing)
If race entries are being done through an online vendor, the participants can pay for their one-event fees as part of the online entry process. See this document for an explanation.
More information may be found in the General Registration Information of the Guide to Operations.
- One-event registration form (template, to be customized by LMSC Registrar)
- One-event spreadsheet
- One-event fees collected during online race entry
Note that one-event registrations are not allowed for postal events. See Article 301.2.2 of the USMS Rule Book ("...Athletes with one-event registrations are not eligible for national championship postal events.").