Welcome to the 2012 USMS National Elections information site. The election will be held during the 2012 Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates. This election cycle, we will elect USMS At-Large Directors (Breadbasket Zone, Colonies Zone, Dixie Zone, Great Lakes Zone, Northwest Zone, Oceana Zone, South Central Zone and Southwest Zone). Descriptions and duties of the officers are contained in ARTICLE 506 of the Code of Regulations. Processes for the election are governed by the current Election Operating Guidelines. Please read all information carefully and refer to the Election Schedule in APPENDIX A of these guidelines to avoid misunderstandings.
The Election Committee has announced the following slate of candidates for Director.
- Breadbasket Zone - Bruce Hopson
- Colonies Zone - Chris McGiffin
- Dixie Zone - Maria Elias-Williams
- Great Lakes Zone - Phil Dodson
- Northwest Zone - Hugh Moore
- Oceana Zone - Jim Clemmons
- South Central Zone - Jill Gellatly
- Southwest Zone - Phil Whitten
Nominations are now closed.
To place your name in nomination for an At-Large Director position, download the nomination packet and election guidelines or request them by email from Election Chair Michael Moore. Please read the entire packet and guidelines and return the Candidate Questionnaire/Consent-to-Run Form to the election chair by April 30, 2012.
- Nomination Packet - This is a Word file containing instructions and the Candidate questionnaire.
- Current Election Operating Guidelines - The guidelines govern the election process and inform you of the requirements you will need to fulfill as a candidate.
To be eligible for nomination, candidates shall:
- be members in good standing of U.S. Masters Swimming for the year when the election is held;
- have attended more than one USMS annual meeting of the National House of Delegates in the preceding five years; and
- plan to attend the annual meeting of the National House of Delegates for the election year in which they are standing for election, and plan to attend all House of Delegates meetings during their tenure. Explanation of the duties of officers can be found in the 2012 USMS Code of Regulations and Rules of Competition (Articles 506– Board of Directors) and on the Election Section of the USMS Web Site.
If after reading the materials, you have questions about the role of USMS officers or the Nomination/Election process, please contact Michael Moore via email.