The USMS stroke development and improvement clinic is for swimmers of all abilities. All four strokes are evaluated and corrected with the use of drills and coach instruction. Several of the top area coaches will be on hand, along with mentor coaches selected by the USMS national office and program services. The goal of the clinic is to help swimmers improve stroke technique and teach drills that will enable the continued refinement of the strokes. Swimmers are not required to swim all strokes and may work on only those strokes they choose. Swimmers need to bring fins, suit, goggles and a towel. Fins are important because without them many of the drills may be difficult. Fins help create buoyancy and mild propulsion. If you have hand paddles, please bring them too. USMS membership is required in order to participate. The Stroke Development Clinic fee is $50 per swimmer.
2018 stroke development clinic schedule
- Jan 28, 2018 – Austin, TX - Register now
- Feb 25, 2018 – Washington, DC - Register now
- April 8, 2018 – New Providence, NJ
- April 15, 2018 – Boston, MA - Register now
- May 20, 2018 – Denver, CO - Register now
- Aug 26, 2018 – Chicago, IL
- Sep 16, 2018 – Portland, OR
- Oct 14, 2018 - Indianapolis, IN
- Nov 4, 2018 – Los Angeles, CA
- Dec 2, 2018 – San Francisco, CA
Contact Marianne Groenings for questions or more information.