USMS Swimmer Info
|Name:||Jim W Miller|
|Most Recent Club:||Virginia Masters Swim Team (VMST)|
Swimming Achievements for Jim W Miller:
- Meet results for Jim W Miller (271 swims)
- Top Ten achievements (3 individual, 39 relay)
- USMS Records (1 pool relay records)
USMS Service & Recognition for Jim W Miller:
- Current USMS National Positions Held:
Past President (EMail)
Comp and Benefits Committee Member 2014 - Present
Sports Medicine and Science Committee Member 2010 - Present
UANA Masters Technical Committee
- Previous USMS National Committee Positions Held:
Coaches Committee Associate 2015 - 2016
Long Distance Committee Ex-Officio 2015 - 2015
Swimming Saves Lives Foundation Member 2013 - 2015
Comp and Benefits Committee Vice Chair 2013 - 2014
Comp and Benefits Committee Member 2012 - 2013
- Current LMSC Offices Held:
Virginia LMSC Safety (EMail)
- USMS Awards and Recognition Received:
1986 Speedo U.S. Masters Swimming Coach of the Year Award
1999 Capt. Ransom J. Arthur M.D. Award
2016 U.S. Masters Swimming National Championship Meets Award
2016 Ted Haartz U.S. Masters Swimming Staff Appreciation Award
- Jim is a USMS Recognized Coach for 2015, 2014
- USMS Certified Coach:
- USMS.org article and video references:
- SWIMMER magazine contributions and references:
- September-October 2015 Issue: Featured in "Volunteer Profile: Jim Miller"
- May-June 2013 Issue: Featured in "A Round of Applause, Please"
- September-October 2012 Issue: Featured in "Mastering Nutrition: Fueling A Workout"
- January-February 2012 Issue: Featured in "Breathless"
- July-August 2011 Issue: Featured in "Volunteer Profile: Rob Copeland"
- May-June 2011 Issue: Featured in "Legal Doping"
- July-August 2010 Issue: Featured in "Tech Suits Add Flavor, But Swimmers Bring the Juice"
- November-December 2009 Issue: Featured in "Practitioner Profile: Miller Receives Prestigious FINA Appointment"
- November-December 2009 Issue: Featured in "Readers Ask: Warm Pool Water"
- September-October 2008 Issue: Featured in "USMS Hires New Executive Director "
- November-December 2006 Issue: Featured in "Miller Serves as Team Physician on Pan Pacific Squad"
- March-April 2006 Issue: Featured in "Worlds Preview: FINA World Championships Return to U.S., Aug. 4-17"
- September-October 2005 Issue: "Moving to the Next Level of Professionalism"
- July-August 2005 Issue: "World Stage for Swimming Comes to U.S. in 2006"
- March-April 2005 Issue: "A Message From the USMS President"
- March-April 2005 Issue: Featured in "Neuburger Visit Highlights Mid-Year Executive Meeting"
Photos of Jim W Miller: