2018 Camp dates: August 25–30
The camp, which celebrated its seventh anniversary in 2017, is limited to a small number of dedicated Masters swimmers who are committed to advancing their skills and performance. The camp is open to Masters swimmers who swim or train at an intermediate level or above. You’ll be taught and analyzed by outstanding USMS coaches and professionals in the fields of sports psychology, physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, technique, and resistance and flexibility training. Swimmers from across the U.S. and from Europe, South America, and the Virgin Islands have enjoyed the camp during its first seven years, and you can read an article about one swimmer's experience at this amazing camp.
What You’ll Do
- The camp emphasis is on testing and education. Pool time is dedicated to technique improvement rather than conditioning. You won’t be subject to high yardage, but you will get some quality workouts in!
- You’ll be filmed above and below the water and have plenty of stroke instruction and analysis on all four strokes, starts and turns.
- There will be testing for your heart rate and lactate threshold.
- You’ll do the land water strength test and swim power test.
- The camp also covers flexibility and range of motion assessment and instruction, as well as motivational and classroom presentations on topics such as biomechanics, physiology, sports psychology, nutrition, and race training.
- We’ll keep you busy, but there will be plenty of opportunity for interaction and socialization with the other Masters swimmers.
What You’ll Learn
- You’ll learn the most up-to-date Masters training and competitive theories and techniques and be able to correlate them to your personal swimming program and goals.
- Significant time will be devoted to providing individual results of, and feedback on, all testing. Biomechanic analysis of your stroke, body physiology, videotape review, flexibility and range of motion assessment results and recommendations, lactate and nutrition feedback, and recommendations will be included.
- You will receive expert instruction and a critique of starts, turns, and drills.
- You’ll take home computer printouts, handouts, videos, and test results, along with personalized training program recommendations.
- An enthusiastic, friendly, passionate, and dedicated group of coaches continue the tradition of offering high level coaching at this camp.
An enthusiastic, friendly, passionate, and dedicated group of coaches continue the tradition of offering high level coaching at this camp.
- Any USMS registered Masters swimmer, as well as international Masters swimmers registered with the comparable governing body in their home country, is eligible to attend this camp.
- Download the application to apply. Applications must be received by May 18, 2018 and you will be notified of your acceptance within a week.
- Beginning January 1, 2018, the fee for the camp is $2200, and includes room (two campers per room), board, all ground transportation, including to and from the airport (airfare is not included), instructional materials, camp shirt, and other gifts. Once you are selected, the fee is due in two nonrefundable installments of $1100 by June 1st and July 1st.
For further information contact Hill Carrow: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax at 919-678-1655.