Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Nageur
    Thank you- you are awesome!
    Your'e welcome! So much more fun to swim with a buddy!
    Thank you- you are awesome!
    The BU meet is always that second weekend in December, mid-December.

Thanks! I will check it out.

Are you planning to change teams to that global team or stay on RAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Ooh, the Woodlands pool does sound great. I will run that by Mr. Fort. I suspect he'll be fine with it as I've really done so little traveling in the last two years since moving here. Is there a meet entry form yet? Is it SCY or SCM?
    I am definitely planning on the BU meet. That would be awesome if you guys come out for that. The thing that I really like about the meet is that it is very large and there is a lot of rest between events.
    scm

i just emailed you the info I have from our LMSC.

I was looking at SPMS in LA again but it's outdoors and I think my daughters big meet will be the first weekend in December. The BU meet looks like it's the following weekend.
    Ooh, the Woodlands pool does sound great. I will run that by Mr. Fort. I suspect he'll be fine with it as I've really done so little traveling in the last two years since moving here. Is there a meet entry form yet? Is it SCY or SCM?
    I am definitely planning on the BU meet. That would be awesome if you guys come out for that. The thing that I really like about the meet is that it is very large and there is a lot of rest between events.
    I am glad your feeling better. Summer colds or allergies stink!

The Woodlands pool is in doors and it's fast. Katie Ledecky set world two world records in the pool last year. This image has something going on with the lighting but you will get a pretty good sense of the pool:

https://www.teamunify.com/gmswmst/Us...eb%20Small.JPG

You can google "Conroe ISD Aquatic center images"

Its similar to our pool in Rockwall. The meet is 7-8 November.

Also my team is looking at a travel meet to Boston for the BU meet in December and if your going to go to it that's another option for us to swim on a relay! Looks like I have about 5 or 6 of our faster swimmers interested. I hope we have a larger group since this meet looks awesome based on previous years results. I have been unable to find dates for the BU meet yet but I am assuming it's 11-13 December.
    Updated August 23rd, 2015 at 03:28 PM by StewartACarroll
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I hope you feel better. Did you get my email?
    Much better thanks.

I did get it, just mulling it over.

Is the Woodlands meet outside? The main deterrent is that I have a meet in VA on Oct. 25, so if it's the 1-2 of Nov, that's too close together.
    I hope you feel better. Did you get my email?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    It's easy to see why you said you feel like you're back in shape after your vacay. You deserve both the day off and the massage!
    I don't think I've had a massage since March ... Super sore from those weights, so looking forward to it.
    I am feeling gobsmacked after today. 10 days in a row of working out with quite a few doubles.
    It's easy to see why you said you feel like you're back in shape after your vacay. You deserve both the day off and the massage!
    Bethel Park high school. The entire building/pool is only a couple of years old, and they did a decent job building it. The coach there was asking about timing a couple weeks ago during am practice at Lebo. He's already gotten the club board approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    Thanks!!I was really pleased with the 200 considering the prior events were so abysmal. Getting your butt kicked by olympians is fun.

I am looking for something drivable, but currently it looks like i won't be able to compete again until spring. We may have a local meet in Feb/March (it looks very promising) and I am looking forward to Greensboro.
    I'm hoping I can get some people from my team to go to Nats too. I've already floated the idea.

Where will the local meet be?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Great job at nationals, especially on Sunday. That 200 free was sweet. When is your next meet?
    Thanks!!I was really pleased with the 200 considering the prior events were so abysmal. Getting your butt kicked by olympians is fun.

I am looking for something drivable, but currently it looks like i won't be able to compete again until spring. We may have a local meet in Feb/March (it looks very promising) and I am looking forward to Greensboro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I'm looking at the Rowdy meet too. I remember there being a lot of rest between events. also NE Champs. Both SCM of course
    I think I'm skipping the Rowdy meet. Most of the events I want to swim are on Saturday and the 50 breast and 50 free are back to back that day ... I would like to get in a SCM meet, but it will probably be NE Champs.
    I'm looking at the Rowdy meet too. I remember there being a lot of rest between events. also NE Champs. Both SCM of course
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    The good news is...there will now be Tues and Thurs evening masters practices offered in the South Hills. Drop in at CV is $5.
    That is good news! There are so very few evening practices in this area. I will keep that in mind.

Great job at nationals, especially on Sunday. That 200 free was sweet. When is your next meet?
    The good news is...there will now be Tues and Thurs evening masters practices offered in the South Hills. Drop in at CV is $5.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Dogs like humans are made up of good and bad.
    That's exactly what I told her! She is just used to our very sweet border collie.
    OMG that's awful so sorry. I hope she is ok and recovers quickly. I hope this does not scare her with dogs going forward. Dogs like humans are made up of good and bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That's been my experience. I think a lot of this east-west thing, though, is psychological ... at least for me ... as when I go on exciting trips (e.g., Europe, India), I am usually traveling east and am "pumped" and energized for the trip. I think that adrenaline and excitement helps to mask the actual jet lag my body is experiencing. When I head back west and return home to "real life," as stimulating as my life is, there's just not the same energy level (e.g., vs. a vacation) and the normal physiological effect of jet lag are made even worse since I probably "pushed through" the jet lag on the trip itself. I was a virtual zombie for two weeks last fall after coming back from a mere week in India.

Good luck.
    I'm sure the psychological aspect is a huge component. Though Mr. Fort and Lil Fort seem to be doing much better than me in terms of fatigue. And my difficulty in falling asleep, waking up in the middle of the night, sleep inertia are classic jet lag. I'm just hoping not to get sick like I did coming back from Paris. I have no idea how you and Water Rat do so much traveling and still train well.
    Updated July 17th, 2015 at 10:36 AM by The Fortress
Page 1 of 864 123451151101501 ... LastLast