Blog Comments

Good luck, Fort and have a great time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Enjoy, swim fast, and safe travels.
    Thanks Bill. Friends, fun, fast -- in that order!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Good luck in Gboro- said cat has bags packed and is waiting for you on the sidewalk.
    Wish you could be there with us! Miss you!
    Enjoy, swim fast, and safe travels.
    Good luck in Gboro- said cat has bags packed and is waiting for you on the sidewalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Do you fully eradicate all dryland activity on a taper like this as your blog suggests (Apr 18 - last record), or do you still engage in some dryland stuff, just very lightly?
    I just dropped drylands entirely. I usually don't even taper drylands, but I did a bit (the last two sessions) this time. For a full taper, I drop everything three weeks out. It takes a long time to rest the legs. I'm not sure my method is ideal, but it seems to have worked for me in the past. I know guys that drops drylands 4-5 weeks out.
    Do you fully eradicate all dryland activity on a taper like this as your blog suggests (Apr 18 - last record), or do you still engage in some dryland stuff, just very lightly?
    I swim my best in 85F. 🏊
    But that would be cruel for anything longer than a 100
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    My memory of GAC is reasonable temperatures. Plus, I know they've upgrade their air filtration systems over the years. Hopefully, it will be beneficial *or, at least, not negative* for your asthma.
    That's good! I remember a lot of people complaining in the past about breathing issues in the pool complex.
    Joel swam there last month, he didn't recall it being too cold. I bet it's probably like 78˚F, which means 2 swim caps for me lol.
    78 degrees would be way too cold for me. I thought most competition pools were kept at 80 degrees?
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    Exercise-induced asthma. Was onset by whatever illness I had in 12th grade, and was diagnosed 2 years later in college. I am probably the anomaly when it comes to the cold water. I struggle to breathe in high humidity during the summer (which is likely why I don't like warm pools).
    Mine seems to be allergy induced and arose after my second pregnancy (along with my allergies). Weird how the body works ... So funny, humidity is good for most people's asthma.
    Joel swam there last month, he didn't recall it being too cold. I bet it's probably like 78˚F, which means 2 swim caps for me lol.
    My memory of GAC is reasonable temperatures. Plus, I know they've upgrade their air filtration systems over the years. Hopefully, it will be beneficial *or, at least, not negative* for your asthma.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You have asthma too? I think cold water is a fairly common asthma trigger, but everyone is different. I almost got out of an OW swim years ago in cold water (never to be repeated, too scary). And swimming in the 76 degree temps at NE Champs last Dec was difficult. It is routinely much easier or me to do hypoxic work at Sewy rather than Pitt.
    Exercise-induced asthma. Was onset by whatever illness I had in 12th grade, and was diagnosed 2 years later in college. I am probably the anomaly when it comes to the cold water. I struggle to breathe in high humidity during the summer (which is likely why I don't like warm pools).
    What type of MF would you suggest, I was looking at the Finis Shooter
    That's the one I have. The longer ones aren't that great for short course pools. And I dislike the finis foil bc it is so floppy.
    Hi Fort,

What type of MF would you suggest, I was looking at the Finis Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    That is really interesting about your asthma. I thrive in cold water and choke in the heat.
    You have asthma too? I think cold water is a fairly common asthma trigger, but everyone is different. I almost got out of an OW swim years ago in cold water (never to be repeated, too scary). And swimming in the 76 degree temps at NE Champs last Dec was difficult. It is routinely much easier or me to do hypoxic work at Sewy rather than Pitt.
    That is really interesting about your asthma. I thrive in cold water and choke in the heat.
    My fingers and toes are crossed you continue to feel better. There is nothing worse than feeling congested and you have had more than your fair share of it. Glad your feeling a little better.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I'm stoked to use the ledges - I don't see how my backstroke start could get any worse even if I totally screw them up! I do hope you feel good enough to come to Greensboro, Leslie.
    The Omega ledge looks a little more sturdy to me, but I'm excited to try the Colorado one. Hopefully, it is as easy to adjust as it looks. I like to put my feet up high, so this should help with increased horizontal velocity a tad.

I hope I feel better too ... but allergy symptoms are persistent. Today is better than yesterday ... maybe I'm going in the right direction.
Page 1 of 884 123451151101501 ... LastLast