Edit Existing Meet
Any changes that you submit will be reviewed, and upon approval, will be displayed on the Calendar of Events.
***Please be aware that your LMSC will be billed a $100 recognition fee after the event takes place. Your LMSC may choose to fully absorb this cost, or may contact you about sharing the cost.***
An event recognized by USMS, Inc., through one of its Local Masters Swimming Committees (LMSC), must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Conduct of the event must be in strict compliance with applicable swimming rules and administrative regulations of USMS, Inc. A current USMS rule book must be available at the event. (Article 202.2)
2. Recognition for any meets held outside the jurisdiction of USMS, other than those organized under the auspices of FINA, shall be obtained from the Executive Committee. (Article 202.2.1.G)
3. Any income derived from the event must be used for the general welfare of the promoting organization as a whole. A recognition may not be issued to any organization whose interest in sports and games is purely commercial, or where the event is to be promoted solely for the profit or the advertising value to be derived there from. (Article 202.2.1.D)
4. Entry forms may contain the statement "Recognized by (LMSC name) for USMS, Inc."
5. If this event is a competition and the pool does not meet mandatory facilities standards, it is suggested that entry forms and programs bear the statement "Times achieved at this competition will not be submitted or USMS Top 10 or record consideration."
6. Times achieved by USMS members at recognized events may be considered for USMS national records and Top 10 times if the event has been granted a recognition and a designated USMS observer is present and verifies in writing that the conduct of the competition conforms to the relevant USMS swimming rules and administrative regulations. (Article 202.2)
7. It is the responsibility of the swimmer to submit times obtained in recognized events with complete documentation to the appropriate LMSC Top 10 Recorder and the LMSC Sanctions Chair. (Article 202.2)
8. Events labeled as 'Choice' or 'Open,' where any stroke is allowed, will not be eligible for USMS records or Top 10 and cannot be included in a Top 10 submission.
9. If this event is a competition, results and required facility certifications must be submitted in proper format within 14 days of the event to the LMSC Top 10 Recorder, the LMSC Sanctions Chair, and MeetResults@usms.org. See Appendix B of the rule book (PREPARATION OF MEET RESULTS and POOL LENGTH CERTIFICATION form) for proper format.
|Course Type:||Short Course Yards|
|Sanction Type:||Recognized by USMS|
|Event Country:||United States Of America|
|Event LMSC:||New England|
|Event Start Date:||02/24/2013|
|Event End Date:||02/24/2013|
|Event Title:||Casco Bay YMCA Toughen Up Challenge|
|Series Title:||None Entered|
|Description:||Casco Bay YMCA Toughen Up Challenge to be held at 14 Old South Freeport, Freeport, Maine. On Sunday, February 24th 2013. 8:30am warm up. 9:30AM Start. The meet fee is $20, covering up to 5 individual events for mailed entries. Deck entries will be $30. Make checks payable to Ben Morse. (Mailed entries must be received by February 21st, deck entries will be accepted until 8:45 on the day of the meet) Send entries to Ben Morse, 84 Hennessey Ave, Brunswick ME, 0401. Meet Director: Ben Morse|
Providing as much information as possible allows USMS and your local LMSC to provide you, your event, and your workers the best possible service and benefits.
Would you like to provide contact information for the following positions?
|Display Information Publicly?:||Yes|
|Organization:||Maine Masters + Casco Bay YMCA|
|Phone Number:||(207) 240-2155|
|Address 1:||84 Hennessey Ave|
|Address 2:||None Entered|
|Country:||United States Of America|
Casco Bay YMCA
14 Old South Freeport Rd
Maine 04032 USA
|Event Website:||None Entered|
|Link To Paper Entries:||None Entered|
|Link To Online Entries:||None Entered|
|Date Entries Close:||02/24/2013|
|Last Year's Est. Attendance:||None Entered|
|This Year's Est. Attendance:||None Entered|
|Entry Form:||View Entry Form|
|Display Entry Form Publicly:||Yes|
|Safety Plan:||None Uploaded|
|"Other" Document:||None Uploaded|
|Other Document Title:||None Entered|