Welcome to the 2008 USMS National Elections information site. The election will be held during the 2008 Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates ("HOD"). This election cycle, the HOD will choose At-Large Directors. One Director from each zone will be elected. Descriptions and duties of the Directors are contained in ARTICLE 505 of the Code of Regulations. Processes for the election are governed by the current Election Operating Guidelines ("EOG"). Please read all information carefully and refer to the Election Schedule in APPENDIX A of the EOG to avoid misunderstandings.
On June 2, the Zone Committee released names of the following qualified candidates for Director:
- Breadbasket Zone - Anthony Thompson
- Colonies Zone - Betsy Durrant
- Dixie Zone - Jerry Clark
- Great Lakes Zone - Nadine Day
- Northwest Zone - Jeanne Ensign
- Oceana Zone - Michael Moore
- Southwest Zone - Laura Winslow
- South Central Zone - Chuck Burr
- South Central Zone - Don Mehl
The nomination period is from January 1, 2008 through April 30, 2008.
To place your name in nomination for an At-Large Director position, download the nomination packet and election guidelines or request them by email from the Election Chair. Please read the entire Packet and guidelines and return the Candidate Questionnaire/Consent-to-Run Form to the Election Chair by April 30, 2008.
- Nomination Packet - This is a Word file containing instructions and the Candidate questionnaire.
- Current Election Operating Guidelines - The guidelines govern the election process and inform you of the requirements you will need to fulfill as a candidate.
To be eligible for nomination, candidates shall: 1) be members in good standing of United States Masters Swimming, Inc. for the year when the Election is held; 2) have attended more than one USMS National HOD Meeting in the preceding five (5) years; 3) plan to attend the HOD Meeting for the Election year in which they are standing for election, and plan to attend all HOD Meetings during their tenure; and 4) candidates for Director shall be a resident and a member of the Zone from which they are seeking election.