Convention XXX Information
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
September 16-20, 2009
U.S. Masters Swimming will conduct public meetings from September 16-20. All delegates should plan to attend meetings beginning with the first House of Delegates meeting on Thursday morning, September 17 at 8:45 am. The final House of Delegates meeting will be held on Saturday afternoon, September 19. Delegates are expected to attend all House of Delegates meetings. The Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, September 16 from 8 am through 5 pm is open to any delegates wishing to observe. The coaches and sports medicine presentations on Friday, September 18 at 10:00 am and 12:15 pm are also open to all delegates.
- Complete Registration Packet, including:
- Delegate Information
- Convention Registration Form
- Hotel Registration Form
- USMS Meeting Schedule
- Pre-Convention Delegate Packet
- Committee Chair Resources
All persons attending any meetings at the convention must be registered. Registration fees are:
- $150.00 - EARLY registration postmarked by August 24, 2009
- $175.00 - LATE registration postmarked on August 25, 2009 or later
Please send your registration form and check made payable to USAS (United States Aquatic Sports) to:
USAS Delegate Registration
16700 Indigo Road
Lakeville, MN 55044-5613.
DO NOT MAIL ANYTHING TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS AFTER September 7, 2009. AFTER THIS DATE, PLEASE BRING YOUR DELEGATE REGISTRATION FORM AND PAYMENT TO THE CONVENTION.
Please note that all on site registrations must be paid by cash or check.
Send registration inquiries via email to usasregistration -AT- live -DOT- com. Cancellations may also be directed to this email address or mailed to the above address. Cancellations must be postmarked or received by email no later than August 24, 2009 to be eligible for refund.
The methods, in order of preference, for making a reservation are:
- Use the Hyatt Regency O’Hare link: http://ohare.hyatt.com/groupbooking/chiroaqua2009.
- Call the world wide reservation number: 1-800-233-1234.
To receive the special room rate, mention United States Aquatic Sports
- Mail the accompanying hotel reservation form, accompanied by a check. Because of potential mail and legibility problems, this is the least desirable method. Reservation cut off date is Sunday, August 30, 2009.
If you require a handicapped room, please inquire when making your reservations.
Hotel guests not registered for the United States Aquatic Sports convention will be charged the Hyatt Regency O’Hare standard room rate.
You may register as a delegate without making room reservations at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare.
CONVENTION HOTEL RATES PLUS 13% Current Taxes:
Single/Double/Triple/Quad - $130
RESERVATION CUT OFF DATE: Sunday, August 30, 2009
The pre-convention packet that is mailed to all registered delegates is available here in Adobe Acrobat format.
Complete Pre-Convention Packet (1.77 MB PDF file - 147 pages)
Individual Sections of Pre-Convention Packet:
- Cover Page * New 9/2
- Announcements & Certification Procedure
- Table of Contents
- USMS Convention Schedule
- USMS Board of Directors Reports
- USMS National Office Reports
- USMS Committee Reports & Agendas
- Elections - Candidates for Office
- USMS Liaison & Special Assignments Reports
- Proposed Changes to USMS Rules and Legislation
- 2010 Proposed Budget * New 9/2
If you are a committee chair or are otherwise presiding over a meeting, please use the documents below for creating your meeting minutes and save the minutes document to a laptop or a thumb drive. DO NOT create your minutes document on a public PC in the computer room and leave the only electronic copy of the document on that PC! Be sure to save the document to a thumb drive if using a public PC.
- Meeting Minutes Resources:
- Blank committe meeting minutes form
- Instructions for creating committee meeting minutes
- Example 2009 committee meeting minutes document
- Convention Reimbursement Form
Convention forms are in .PDF format. In order to view them you must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click on the link below to download a free copy. If you are still unable to view these .PDF files, you may request a hard copy of any of them from Tracy Grilli at the National Office.